Need Legal Advice

Just trying to find out what sort of legal implications will result from buying a key for anydvd. Thanks

None. Its a legal product… in the US

How can it be a legal product in the US if it violates the DMCA by circumventing the copy protection?

Isn’t that part of why it’s located in a non-DMCA-comparable country?

It is legal to buy it if you are in the U.S., but it is illegal to use it in the U.S.

A friendly suggestion, if I may. It’s probably not appropriate to seek legal advice at these, or similar, forums:

1. Pertinent laws are VERY different in different countries
  2. There are conflicting multiple laws in individual countries
  3. This is not a forum for legal information

and, perhaps most important,

1. You really have no idea of the qualifications of those who might choose to answer you…

Regards,:slight_smile:

use an off shore bank
pay with money order
preferably in Antigua
have code mailed to a disposable e-mail account

just buy it and stop the worrying, it’s a great program. some peeps think to much.

jari192002,

I echo Forum Member feedback10k comments.

If you have concerns about the legality of AnyDVD or any other Commercial DVD Movie Title copying software program you need to pursue some other endeavor.

Best Regards,
bjkg

Hi there,

It is legal to buy it if you are in the U.S., but it is illegal to use it in the U.S.

Let me know if I’m wrong but:

In Canada, I heard rumours it’s legal to buy, and have in your possession a Radar Detector. :iagree:

But illegal to use it ! :disagree:

Ya, go figure ! :confused:

No wonder our governments :cop: are so smart :Z

that is true in Canada…

I don’t believe this thread!

In the US, except for Nevada, it is legal to give money to a woman-of-the-night. You just can’t …

I have been told by more than one attorney that you cannot practice law based on what makes sense.

“A good attorney knows the law. A great attorney knows the judge.”

I could not have said it better myself Bigboard.