Need joystick recomendations

I’ve decided to take the plunge into flight simulation games, so I’m looking at joysticks. I see that some games call for the feedback-type joysitck, so I’m leaning that way,
Any recomendations?

I have two Logitech Extreme Digital 3D joysticks and one Microsoft Sidewinder. I have had all three for about two years now and have no problems with any. None of these have force feedback but are availible in that version. I prefer the logitech though because it just feels better and more responsive to me.
Logitech controllers

What’s the diff, performance-wise, btween digital and analog? Only a few state they are digital.

I’m no expert on this but my explanation would be with digital the farther you push left on joystick the farther your tail rudder on plane in game or whatever vehicle would move to left. Where as with analog it would be all the way to left or middle , no in between. I would recommend digital for sure.

In the past, when I still used to play games and use joysticks, I strongly preferred the Logitech products. Their quality is very good (nice if you’re an agressive gamer;)) and so is the compatibility…

I decided to go with the latest and best Logitech, as I am VERY happy with my new MX700 cordless mouse. I’m getting the Wingman Strike Force 3D, and I can’t wait.
Now I’m going to have to figure out how to back up those games! :eek:

bump :slight_smile:
Did you get it yet? How is it?
You should try it out with IL-2 Sturmovik, the greatest sim of them all. Also soon LO-MAC will hit the shelves.
And the IL-2 expansion, Forgotten Battles… Yummy :slight_smile:

I have a Microsoft Sidewinder FFB2 and I’m happy with it. It’s heavy and rock solid.

But a true fanatic must get the Thrustmaster Cougar, 8kg’s… :slight_smile:

I’m still in flight school, (FS 2002), the stick seems fine but I notice that different games seem to respond to it differently.