Need info on MKV to DVD Converter

vbimport

I have an mkv file which DVD Flick will not turn to dvd to play on stand alone player.

Wiil the trial version of MKV to DVD Converterleave watermark on the movie

It is about 1 GB but DVD Flick converts to a file 290MB. Is that because it is compressing

Thanks

Stick to the freeware route first.

Avi2Dvd will do what you want so give it a go and see if that does the trick.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2601885]Stick to the freeware route first.

Avi2Dvd will do what you want so give it a go and see if that does the trick.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]
Ok but will Avi2DVD do MKV to DVD?
Oh see it will thanks

Avi2DVD is useless

interface not supported?
no dropdown menu for audiostream

a quick google shows others with these problems. far too complex dvd flick much simpler but will not do mkv

So anyone experience of MKV TO DVD CONVERTER trial? I do not want to be installing programs if they will not work

AVStoDVD is my preferred tool for this type of conversion. http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AVStoDVD

Your particular mkv file may have some issues if DVDFlick is not working well with it.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2601902]AVStoDVD is my preferred tool for this type of conversion. http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AVStoDVD

Your particular mkv file may have some issues if DVDFlick is not working well with it.[/QUOTE]
DVD Flick does not do mkv files. Thanks for the link

According to their website it does/should…
http://www.dvdflick.net/features.php
I know for a fact ConvertxtoDVD does, but it’s not free(Trialware)…

@ david banner , I think I did this a while back but I started with a .dat file instead of .mkv . I need to test with an .mkv before I post it. So give some of the other reccomendations a try.
BTW it was t0nee1 that gave me the solution .

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2601912]According to their website it does/should…
http://www.dvdflick.net/features.php
I know for a fact ConvertxtoDVD does, but it’s not free(Trialware)…[/QUOTE]Oh mkv is Matroska? Didn’t know that. DVD Flick will not do it for me. A 1GB file is turned into a DVD file of only 290MB and will not play on my BD anyway.

Do you know if the trialware leaves a watermark in case i need it but AVSTODVD seems to be doing it
Thanks

[QUOTE=cholla;2601914]@ david banner , I think I did this a while back but I started with a .dat file instead of .mkv . I need to test with an .mkv before I post it. So give some of the other reccomendations a try.
BTW it was t0nee1 that gave me the solution .[/QUOTE]Ok thanks
Not with DVD flick was it?
PS AVStoDVD seems to be working. Hopefully i can burn so i can watch on TV

Ok AVStoDVD worked OK. i burned with Burnaware. I know Img Burn is with AVStoDVD but did not install as I prefer BA.

AVStoDVD is good but not as clean interface as DVD Flick imo.

Thanks for the help guys

@cholla - still interested in how you started with a dat file

Edit : Is there anyway to have AVSTODVD remember its place on the screen. it opens too high and since I have the taskbar at thebtop of the screen AVS goes underneath it and th taskbar has to be moved to move the AVS

@ david banner , I tried the DGIndex solution on the only .mkv I currently have & it didn’t work but since .mkv’s vary that could be the reason.
I don’t have the .mkv I created in the thread about the .DAT file. As I stated in the thread once I was finished I would delete the files since I didn’t own that DVD & was only helping a friend with it.
This is a link to the thread .You might find it interesting.

[QUOTE=cholla;2601965]@ david banner , I tried the DGIndex solution on the only .mkv I currently have & it didn’t work but since .mkv’s vary that could be the reason.
I don’t have the .mkv I created in the thread about the .DAT file. As I stated in the thread once I was finished I would delete the files since I didn’t own that DVD & was only helping a friend with it.
This is a link to the thread .You might find it interesting.
http://club.myce.com/f34/mutants-2009-how-copy-317243/[/QUOTE]OK cholla thanks for trying

EDIT Anyone know how to change the source from where it adds the next title. Mine has gone to some temp file location but would like it to automatically look in the folder I download to

EDIT Anyone know how to change the source from where it adds the next title. Mine has gone to some temp file location but would like it to automatically look in the folder I download to

If you are talking about AVStoDVD, it always remembers the last folder opened when importing a video. So, if you open a video in a particular folder, it should go back to it the next time you try to import something.

You can set the DVD Assets path in Preferences, and save current preferences as default, but the behavior to look in the last opened folder seems to take precedence.

[QUOTE=david banner;2601934]Ok AVStoDVD worked OK. i burned with Burnaware. I know Img Burn is with AVStoDVD but did not install as I prefer BA.

[B]Too bad!!Imgburn IS the Cadillac of burning apps…[/B]

AVStoDVD is good but not as clean interface as DVD Flick imo.

[B]Fogget the interface, tell us about the resulting video quality…[/B]

Thanks for the help guys

[B]WC ;)[/B]

@cholla - still interested in how you started with a dat file

[B]cholla’s .mkv contained .dat file(s)…Yours most likely does not…
[/B]
Edit : Is there anyway to have AVSTODVD remember its place on the screen. it opens too high and since I have the taskbar at thebtop of the screen AVS goes underneath it and th taskbar has to be moved to move the AVS[/QUOTE]

[B]See previous answer above…[/B]

Can’t remember if I’ve ever used FAVC for mkv>to DVD, but maybe try it as well…Hasn’t been updated in a while…Which is why AVStoDVD is my preferred freebie proggie…Another is The FilmMachine which utilizes Hcenc as well as other high quality encoders…By far the easiest and best(reliable/error free) mkv to DVD converting tool/app is ConvertxtoDVD, [I][B]for me[/B][/I] [I]that is[/I]…Not the best [I]quality[/I], but good enough(for my eyes) with a higher quality source file…
To each his/her own…

Damn trying to fix my replies/answers within quotes…Too lazy now so I just put them in [B]bold[/B]…:o

Hi t0nee1 , My .mkv which I no longer have did not contain .dat files.
This very unusual DVD had the audio/video in one large .dat file.
I turned it into a .mkv file with mkvmerge.
I later got some help from a friend that had IsoBuster Pro which extracted 7 .vobs from the .dat file. That didn’t help much .
I believe that DGIndex was able to create a raw .m2v & .ac3 from the .dat file, I then used those in DVDAuthorGUI as you recommended. This produced the best result I was able to get.
I still haven’t bought ConvertxtoDVD but it is on my list as a software I will eventually purchase.

Ah! yes of course…One .dat file…Still doubt the OP’s mkv has a.dat file…But maybe they can gives us a clue…What about it DB?..