Need Help!

i accidentally flashed my liteon 48126S with the QS0C firmware. i just clicked on the exe file-- and it hasnt been able to burn anything since.

I have tried to reflash with the correct 2SOG firmware but it still doesnt work. What can i do to fix??

You’ll find everything you need HERE
But while you’re at it, why not flash it to the 52246S drive that it’s dying to be?

hi- thanks for the help.

i reflashed to what you suggested- it appears to have been successful-- it is now seen as this drive, but it still wont record anything.

?? :confused:

but it still wont record anything

What does this mean? Does it read CD’s OK? What happens when you try to burn? What software? Is the 52246S supported by your software?

when i try to burn something it just freezes. the pc just completely locks up and will not respond. This happens at the point where it starts to burn both for clonecd and nero. it reads cds no problem but can not record.

both software recognizes the burner as the 52x.

wait a minute----- i just tried my 24102b in this pc and it is doing the exact same thing so maybe the burner is ok after all… hmmmm let me do some more expiramenting…

could be the ide cables…could you check them

Wouldn’t by any chance be an Nforce motherboard running Nvidia IDE controller drivers would it?

nope -it is a asus A7S333 with the Sis745 chipset.

i just put it on a new ide also.

:slight_smile:

i just reinstalled the software maybe that will do it. (hopefully)

with clonecd it still freezes like a deer in headlights

with nero it only sees the virtual recorder- but not the liteon.

with nero it only sees the virtual recorder- but not the liteon

What version of Nero? If you haven’t updated Nero, you will need to get the latest version.

nero 5.5.9.2

ill look for a newer one :wink:

so you dont think it would be a problem to run at this firmware normally though? Do you know if it can do safedisk,& securom ok?

Originally posted by macrovisionsux
[B]nero 5.5.9.2

ill look for a newer one :wink:

so you dont think it would be a problem to run at this firmware normally though? Do you know if it can do safedisk,& securom ok? [/B]

Get the latest versions of Nero 5.5 and Clone and you should be good to go. The 52x firmware will be more up to date, and will do most everything better than what you had.

Here’s your Nero update:

cool thanks alot for your help.

i just put on the newest nero 6.X- its running great! :slight_smile: