Need Help

Dear Sir/Mam,
I need your help. When I on my pc, there was show del to enter setup, but my keyboard not working this time & this time my keyboard num lock also on, but when in press num lock button to off it, or do any other on my keyboard. Keyboard not working. I have also changed keyboard but same problem found. Pls help me & suggest me…now what am i do.

Which type of keyboard are you using? If you are using the older style with the PS/2 plug, you might get an adapter to use it with a usb port.

It would look something like this:

Some older computers do not “natively” recognize USB keyboards during the time you are allowed to press “DEL” to enter setup

What’s worse is even some newer computers are even slow to recognize wireless keyboards (Either “Bluetooth” or Wireless-RF/USB)

So what you MAY have to do is borrow an older Keyboard from another computer with a round plug (as shown in the picture posted above by Kerry)

For my old backup computer I use the opposite dongle so I can use a USB keyboard. So far this has worked fine. Probably not the OPs problem though.

BTW, it is best to keep an “emergency keydoard” aound for this specific purpose and it’s further best if this is a simple keyboard.

complex “multimedia” keyboards with audio control functions and browser back buttons and the like often require drivers (that are not loaded) to function correctly.

I keep a very basic Lenovo PS2 keyboard for this purpose on my workbench

It is a TOOL and generally not used for anything else other than doing setups on some “glitchy” computers.

[QUOTE=AllanDeGroot;2665713]Some older computers do not “natively” recognize USB keyboards during the time you are allowed to press “DEL” to enter setup

What’s worse is even some newer computers are even slow to recognize wireless keyboards (Either “Bluetooth” or Wireless-RF/USB)

So what you MAY have to do is borrow an older Keyboard from another computer with a round plug (as shown in the picture posted above by Kerry)[/QUOTE]

I do know for FACT my older motherboard dead now…had USB 1.1 and it wouldn’t recognize a USB keyboard and mouse setup. You have to have USB 2.0 or higher to recognize USB keyboard/mouse to use them to get to the setup menus. Otherwise your stuck with the old ps/2 connectors. But since they provide no hardware info asking for help is like grabbing for straws and now one here can help unless they come forward and provide more specs…

That’s where the old joke “Keyboard error - Press F1 to continue” comes into play… :smiley:

Make sure you have put the keyboard into the correct ps2 slot, not that for the mouse.
Also try with another keyboard…

alright let’s see if that works