Need Help

vbimport

Hi,

My computer background has turned into a red nucler hazard sign after some trojens and worms came into my system. i am using virgin broadband firewall and anti virus but it doesnt seem to be working. i did scan the computer and delete the worms but the background still hasnt changed and know it wont allow me to conect to the internet. can anyone help.

Thanks in Advance.

If you have problems that extensive, I highly suggest that you wipe your system, do a format of your HD, and reload from scratch.

Samuel4u;You might try doing the AV scans from safe mode before you try a reformat.
Also run an anti spyware program.
If you have a restore point form before the problem try that.
If that doesn’t work disable your system restore , reboot & then go to safe mode & scan again sometime the viruses hide in system restore points so disabling the system restore is the only way to remove them.Then if you feel more confortable with it on enable it again.
BTW I use Acronis True image for my backup so I don’t run with nothing to get back to close to where I was I just don’t use System Restore to do it.

Sounds like it’s time to wipe, format, and reload; and most importantly, stay away from wherever you picked up the nasties in the first place.

Good luck to you!

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2042308]If you have problems that extensive, I highly suggest that you wipe your system, do a format of your HD, and reload from scratch.[/QUOTE]

the nasties are getting worse

don is pretty strong with the force

guys get used to this, it’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better

the sp3 slipstreamed into the xp cab files makes a real good clean fix

here’s a link for that infection