Need Help!

vbimport

Good day everyone! i am currently working on a software that needs to read the Serial Key of a certain CD.

The problem is when i use Duplicator with 6 Plextor PX-800A CD-Writer it produces a copy with the same serial keys as that of the source CD.

Is there a way to produce copies with different Serial Keys? If no, is there any data that i can read in the CD aside from Serial Number to identify one CD from another?

It is very difficult to see how what you want to do can be legal. You are, of course, permitted to make a back-up copy of software for which you have a licence. However, such a copy must be an unmodified copy of the program as the right to modify the program is the exclusive right of the copyright holder.

Accordingly, I will close this thread but if what you wish to do is indeed legitimate, please feel free to send me a PM and, if satisfied,I will re-open the thread.

After discussion by PM, I’m satisfied that the request is legitimate so I’ve re-opened the thread.

[QUOTE=karl0223;2016796]Is there a way to produce copies with different Serial Keys?[/QUOTE]

If your duplicator does not automatically patch the image to be used for every writer in your duplicator for the serial and checksum you’d have to do so manually.

[QUOTE=karl0223;2016796]If no, is there any data that i can read in the CD aside from Serial Number to identify one CD from another?[/QUOTE]

In the -R format the ID string and serial of the writer are written onto each disc in what I think is called ‘recording information area’. I don’t remember what additional info is written, but maybe time and date is stored too. You can use ImgBurn to read the information.

Generally, a duplicator does just that…duplicate a source image or disc. A duplicator cannot generate unique ID or serial numbers if just copying a disc. The drive will/may write the serial number of the drive creating the disc, but writing specific user info to a disc requires some kind of mastering software app.

Commerical/CSS/AACS discs have pre-recorded serial numbers. If generating an audio CD, you need software to master the disc/cue sheet and write the serial number as part of the ISRC. No specific command in the MMC for writing serial numbers on data discs, so it may take vendor specific commands or firmware mod to write into a reserved area of the media not accessible for the general end user.