Need Help with Sub-titles

I’m ripping my HD DVD and Blu-Ray collection onto my hard drive using Any HD DVD and IMGBURN to a ISO File and then using My Movies to incorporate into VMC to play through Power DVD Ultra.

Works fine but on some movies I get sub-titles and no matter what I do they won’t go away. I have sub-titles set to none from the title screen. They still show up. I tried changing while movie is playing to no luck either.

Any ideas where to fix this?

[QUOTE=stevo714;1943609]I’m ripping my HD DVD and Blu-Ray collection onto my hard drive using Any HD DVD and IMGBURN to a ISO File and then using My Movies to incorporate into VMC to play through Power DVD Ultra.

Works fine but on some movies I get sub-titles and no matter what I do they won’t go away. I have sub-titles set to none from the title screen. They still show up. I tried changing while movie is playing to no luck either.

Any ideas where to fix this?[/QUOTE]

Why would you want to do that when you can play from the HD and BD standalone unit? I can see if you wanted to backup HD to HD and BD to BD but ripping to play from HD you can use Anydvd to rip it has it’s own ripper built in - have you tried the Anydvd Ripper that comes along with AnydvdHD and they play with a VLC player to see if it works??

This is not so simple a thing as it may seem, unfortunately. The latest PowerDVD Ultra(currently the only real solution to play HD DVD and BD movies) has removed the ability to play HD DVD and BD from folders off the hard drive. So, the current advice is to create ISO images of your discs and mount them using Daemon Tools. VLC does not have the support to play it. Nero Showtime with the Blu-ray plugin apparently works. And there’s a new player that’s coming soon that’ll work, as well. But, so far, PowerDVD Ultra seems to be our best option which REALLY sucks.

To answer the OP’s question, or not as the case may be, I’ve read about subtitle issues with HD DVD movies from some studios. I believe you can mess around with the playback files in the My Documents\AnyDVDHD directory. There’s an XPL file in there. Editing this file should allow you to turn off the subtitles for a particular title. I have zero experience in doing this yet, but, it’s just an XML file. If you screw it up, just delete it and reopen the image to recreate it.

Thats correct. Power DVD Ultra will no longer play from the Hard Drive unless it is an ISO file and I am doind exactly like you said with IMGBURN and Daemon Tools. The new sofware coming out is by Arcsoft and I 100% agree Power DVD sucks.

Anyone have experience on how to edit this file in the ISO file to get this to work properly?

Since I’m using Any HD DVD with IMGBURN is it maybe an option I need to check in Any HD DVD or iMGBURN?

[quote=stevo714;1943965]
Anyone have experience on how to edit this file in the ISO file to get this to work properly?

Since I’m using Any HD DVD with IMGBURN is it maybe an option I need to check in Any HD DVD or iMGBURN?[/quote]

No no no no. :slight_smile: You misunderstood me. It’s not a file you edit on your ISO image. It’s a file AnyDVD HD puts in your My Documents\AnyDVDHD folder for you when you insert a movie. That file can be modified and as long as AnyDVD HD is active will modify it “on the fly”. James calls it “magic file replacement” because even though the original is on the ISO, the player will see the one you modify on the hard drive. It’s really pretty darn sweet but ONLY works with HD DVD and not Blu-ray. But I suspect the subtitle problems you’re seeing are only on HD DVD’s and not Blu-rays.

I think your right and its only seems to happen with HD DVD’s. Anyone know how to edit this file in the Any DVD Folder?

Well, on one of the discs I just put in recently, the XPL has a section like this:

<PrimaryAudioVideoClip titleTimeBegin="00:00:00:00" clipTimeBegin="00:00:00:00" titleTimeEnd="00:03:48:57" src="file:///dvddisc/HVDVD_TS/feature_clip1.MAP" seamless="false" description="">
				<Video track="1" mediaAttr="1"/>
				<Audio track="1" streamNumber="1" mediaAttr="1"/>
				<Subtitle track="1" streamNumber="1" mediaAttr="1"/>
				<Subtitle track="2" streamNumber="2" mediaAttr="1"/>
				<Subtitle track="3" streamNumber="3" mediaAttr="1"/>
			</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>

It has one section like that for each of the main files of the main movie feature. I’m guessing if you eliminate the subtitle track lines the subs will go away. Do that for all the sections that make up the main movie.

This might irritate the mods here and I apologize in advance for doing this as I know full well there is a policy against it, but, this information is going to be helpful to the OP and is VERY long which is why I’m not reposting it here. Here is a link to a thread on Slysoft’s forum that I think you’ll find very interesting. It’s from James.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=16607&postcount=5

Again, I apologize for breaking the rules and if the mods truly have a problem with it certainly edit my post and PM me. Thanks!

I really appreciate the help.

You went above and beyond on helping me with this problem.

Thanks

Not a problem at all. Let us know if we can assist further on this one.