Need help with starting to burn DVDs

hey guys i have absolutely no idea how to burn dvds!
all i know is that i have nero startsmart and superdvd creator 8.0(in which i have never even tried to use but im wondering what programs ill need and what files can you burn to dvd. Also what i need to do in order to burn the dvd so pretty much every step would be great any help would be much appreciated thnx!

Please don’t post in other people’s threads - it’s considered as if you were interrupting a conversation.

You can start a new thread for your own question by using the ‘New Thread’ button over to the left hand side of the Newbie forum, when viewing all the queries.

New thread created…

Are you trying to burn original content to a DVD, storing data on a DVD, or are you backing up some of your own film DVDs?

Hey everyone Im new here and have had a dvd burner for well about 4 years now and not 1 dvd burnt :sad:
So any help on what programs i will need, what files are to be burnt and also the steps in doing so.
I have a super-multi LG dvd RW if that helps anything also i have ner smartstart.
so any help at this point would be much appreciated thnx guys and Gals
Strosek

Hehe well I kind of thought you’d carry on posting in this one. :slight_smile:

Oh well…[i] :wink:

Two threads merged…
[/i]

From one newb to another, please go back to post #3 and answer the questions that chas0039 is asking you.
Perhaps you didn’t see it on the first go…

If you have a 4 years old DVD burner, I seriously doubt that you will be able to burn currently available media. Probably you have a 2x or a 4x burner, and these are not more supported by developers, so almost certainly there is no firmware able to write correctly on 16x certified discs.