Need help with saw 5

vbimport

used AnyDVD to rip the blu ray movie to my h ard drive…no problem…then i burned a blu ray disc of the movie with IMGBURN…no problem…the problem is, it will play perfectly on my computer but not in my sony blu ray player…whats wrong?..Please help!

[QUOTE=stangman2;2489811]used AnyDVD to rip the blu ray movie to my h ard drive…no problem…then i burned a blu ray disc of the movie with IMGBURN…no problem…the problem is, it will play perfectly on my computer but not in my sony blu ray player…whats wrong?..Please help![/QUOTE]
You have not told us what the problem is yet? Does it play at all in your bluray player, have you set the Region Code on your drive? :confused:

The problem is that when i put it in my Sony blu-ray player, an error message pops up on the screen that says “CANNOT OPERATE THIS DISC”. No matter what i try, i cannot get the movie to play. When I ripped it, i made sure to set it for all regions, or no region code. I can play it just fine in my computer though. Hi def and all. It’s perfect. It just won’t play in my sony. I’ve had a similar problem with SAW 6. I just burned a blu ray of it and, according to the counter on my blu-ray player, it is running but there is nothing but a black screen. Eventually, it just stops running altogether. I think these SAW people have found a way to prevent copies from being made. I’ve never had this problem with anything else I’ve tried.

[QUOTE=stangman2;2489886]The problem is that when i put it in my Sony blu-ray player, an error message pops up on the screen that says “CANNOT OPERATE THIS DISC”. No matter what i try, i cannot get the movie to play. When I ripped it, i made sure to set it for all regions, or no region code. I can play it just fine in my computer though. Hi def and all. It’s perfect. It just won’t play in my sony. I’ve had a similar problem with SAW 6. I just burned a blu ray of it and, according to the counter on my blu-ray player, it is running but there is nothing but a black screen. Eventually, it just stops running altogether. I think these SAW people have found a way to prevent copies from being made. I’ve never had this problem with anything else I’ve tried.[/QUOTE]
If it plays in your computer, they have not found a way to let you make a backup, I am sure it is a firmware issue with your standalone or maybe the discs are not finalizing. I made a backup of SAW 6 Bluray and it plays perfectly in my Sony that I bought at Costco for 109.00. LOL. So they havent found a way to inhibit your backup. If that were the case this board would be lit up like a pinball machine with everyone complaining. I am sure its a media issue or something simple you are missing in the Imgburn settings. Its really hard to trouble shoot a problem like this without having complete access.

Wow, really?! That’s interesting. The one that plays in my computer but not in my sony blu ray is SAW 5. I couldn’t get SAW 6 to work at all. Not only that but it took over 6 hours to rip SAW 6. I’ve backed up probably 30 blu rays or so, and the average rip time has been around 45 minutes. But SAW 6 took over 6 hours. Tell you exactly what it does. When I first put SAW 6 in my Sony 360 bluray player and start it, there is a little red and white “spiral” that shows on the screen as the disc is loading, right? Well, I can see that on my LCD TV screen, but after the disc loads and the little ‘spiral’ icon disappears, there is nothing but a black screen. I just got through backing up my blu ray copy of “HELL RIDE” and it worked perfectly. I never changed any settings at all. Assuming I’m having a firmware problem with the 2 SAW movies, how can i fix the problem? I don’t see any areas on the disc that would allow me to download anything as far as updating the firmware.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2489893]If it plays in your computer, they have not found a way to let you make a backup, I am sure it is a firmware issue with your standalone or maybe the discs are not finalizing. I made a backup of SAW 6 Bluray and it plays perfectly in my Sony that I bought at Costco for 109.00. LOL. So they havent found a way to inhibit your backup. If that were the case this board would be lit up like a pinball machine with everyone complaining. I am sure its a media issue or something simple you are missing in the Imgburn settings. Its really hard to trouble shoot a problem like this without having complete access.[/QUOTE]

Just to let you know, I figured out the problem. My blu-ray player was in the process of going out. Tonight i couldn’t even get a signal between my player and the TV. I picked up a new blu ray player today. Now I can watch SAW 5 and 6 til the cows come home!

[QUOTE=stangman2;2490233]Just to let you know, I figured out the problem. My blu-ray player was in the process of going out. Tonight i couldn’t even get a signal between my player and the TV. I picked up a new blu ray player today. Now I can watch SAW 5 and 6 til the cows come home![/QUOTE]
Great news stangman2, I knew there was a logical answer. Very happy you are sorted.:iagree:

Help with Saw VI.

Reauthor with DVD Shrink and shrink Chapter 1 for main movie only.