Need Help with reading new messages

vbimport

Hi, I would appreciate it very much if someone could be kind enough to explain to me how do I find out when a there is a new message or a new thread.

Let me explain why. I login to the LiteOn forum, and I have to scroll all over the page to see new messages or threads. Is there a way to tell me that there are new messages/threads?

Thank You Very Much!

When you have cookies enabled you can see by the little suns before a post as the indication a new reply was posted, or the thread is totally new.

Furthermore, you can subscribe to a forum or subscribe to a particular thread. For more information please read our FAQ

But as far as I know it is not possible for you to receive a message when a new thread is started in a forum, this right is reserved to moderators who would like to have this enabled and request this with me.

Thank You!

I will read the FAQ, and see how best I can manage it.

Let me explain why. I login to the LiteOn forum, and I have to scroll all over the page to see new messages or threads. Is there a way to tell me that there are new messages/threads?

I don’t know if this is what u mean, but when u log into the forum, on the right hand side of the screen, Underneath where it says Welcome back banda-1 and the time u last visited, there is a link that says View New Posts if u click this it will show all the new posts that there have been since your last visit.

You must have cookies enabled for this though. Hope this is helpfull :slight_smile:

Thank You!:slight_smile:

Another question, why does the forum clear my cookies whenever I log out? I have activated cookies in my profiles, but whenever I log in back to the forum, I still have to enter my username and password.

Please help:(

Thank You!:cool:

When you choose the logout function it will clear you cookies, hence logout

When it is because you have been inactive for a certain period of time, it happens now and then (have experienced it myself a few times)

Sorry, I have one final question (hopefully :slight_smile: ).

I notice that whenever I open a forum, it has on the top right
“Subscribe to this Forum”. I subscribed to it, but nothing happens. :frowning:

Could someone kindly explain to me what is that feature?

I would like to thank everyone who has help me with my questions. Thank You!

Subscription to forums allows you to view subscribed forums in your profile (and thus hide the rest).

There is no way that you can get an email for every post in a certain forum. As said, this is restricted to mods/admins who should desire this.

There are hacks for this, but we have not installed them (and most likely won’t in the future either).

I suggest you try the already posted link:
http://forum.cdfreaks.com/search.php?action=getnew to see what posts are new since your last visit (when cookies are enabled)

Thank you for your help.

Whenever I click on the Get New Messages on the top
right of the page I get the new threads & posts in ALL
the forums.

Is there a way to exclude some forums? I really do
not want to view new threads or posts in the Italian
and other forums, only the forums I am interested in.

Thank You! :slight_smile: