Need help with Power Producer

I am trying to put a family event from my JVC Everio model GZ-MG330 camcorder onto a DVD.

I am using the Power Producer program that came with the camcorder.

The program is about an hour and 15 minuts long, and there are 26 clips that I am trying to put onto this DVD.

Before attempting to put these clips onto the DVD, I went and edited (Trimmed) them to be the way I wanted them, using the Cyberlink Power Cinima NE program that also came with the camcorder. When I saved the clips, I saved them as mpeg2 format.

I then went to try to put them all onto the template of the power producer program, and looking at the gauge at the bottom, it showed that I had reached the capacity of 4.7 gigs, when I was about 6 clips short of having everything I wanted on the DVD.

That’s when I figured that maybe I could compress them down, and maybe they would all fit. Well, it seems that a good mpeg2 compressor does not exist, so I used Prism video converter, and I converted all 26 clips to .avi (keeping the originals in another folder) format, since windows movie maker will support that format, and that is what I was using to compress clips in the past.

Little did I know, that the .avi format actually made the files BIGGER than what the mpeg2 format was. In the folder that has the 26 clips in mpeg2 format, that folder is 7.6 gigs, and the folder that I have the 26 clips in .avi format in, is 28.9 gigs.

I then decided to convert the 26 clips I had originally in mpeg2 format to .wmp format. (So, I now have 3 folders, each with these same 26 clips in them, one in mpeg2 format, one in .avi format, and another with the clips in .wmp format.)

I was pleased to see that the folder that contained the clips in .wmp format was only 2.9 gigs.

Well, when I went to import these clips in .wmp format into power producer, I got to the exact same place I was before, and it still showed that the DVD was going to be filled to capacity, and I got no more clips on there than I did when they were still in the mpeg2 format!

WHY, when the folder is showing that it is only 2.9 gigs in size, will the clips still not fit onto the DVD?

And here is the kicker. Just for the heck of it, I opened the power producer program and added just one clip, of the mpeg 2 format to see how much it would take up. I noted this, and then deleted the clip, and re-added the same clip once again, using the one that was .avi format. I then tried it again with the one that I have of the .wmp format. Guess what? Each clip took up the exact same space no matter what the format! Why?

Is there a way I an somehow shrink these down so that I can fit them all onto a single DVD? I really don’t want to make 2 seperate DVD’s.

That’s not it, it gets better. I was thinking that I could just get a 8.9 gb dual layer dvd and be able to get everything on there with no problem. So, I went out and got a pack of DVD’s just to find out that my drive does not support dual layer DVD’s. So, I went to staples and spend $80 on a new drive that supposedly supported dual layer DVD’s, and installed it only to find out that it will not read my dual layer DVD’s. Anyone know why this might be? The drive I bough is an I/O magic model# IDVD20DLS.

Any help would be appreciated.

Use your original mpeg-2 clips Merge these clips together then use easyfit in Power Produser and they will fit.

[QUOTE=Chriscreative;2292375]Use your original mpeg-2 clips Merge these clips together then use easyfit in Power Produser and they will fit.[/QUOTE]

After I merge them and use easyfit, will I still be able to mark chapters betweenthe clips?

You don’t have to merge them if you don’t want all the clips together you can play each clip separately. You have to edit each clip to your liking and then you can play them either as one merged or all the clips separately

[QUOTE=Chriscreative;2292395]You don’t have to merge them if you don’t want all the clips together you can play each clip separately. You have to edit each clip to your liking and then you can play them either as one merged or all the clips separately.

You have to edit each one before you merge them.

Well I found the problem with my dual layer drive.

I called tech support, and they said that windows XP will not read the dual layer disc because it is not made to support them.

He said however, that if you insert the disc and burn with a program that supports dual layer DVD’s, it will work.

So I tried, and I got everything on the DVD that I wanted, and it playes in my DVD player beautifully.

I am still curious though why my 2.9 gig folder will not fit onto a 4.7 gig DVD. Strange.