Need help with Nero

vbimport

Hi all, this is my first post. This is a great site with a lot of info. I'm a newbie at this. I've read through the FAQ, but I still need some help.
I just bought the Cendyne Cd-RW 32x12x40 and I am having trouble burning an audio cd. I have Nero v. 5551. Anyway, I tried to check which model I have by using Ctrl + R. It shows image recorder under the Device and it shows virtual device under Adapter. I'm not sure what this means. I tried installing the CD maker 2000 that came with it and I still could not burn. I have 16x CD-R's. I tried burning at 16 x but I could not select the speed. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Do you get any error messages?

Try to upgrade nero to 5.5.8.2 as well.

Yepzz…first upgrade 2 Nero v5.5.8.2 and also check your firmware…

Grtz

Thanks for the help. I just installed nero 5582 and it works! But I still can’t tell which model I have. I checked the box and the cd-r drive and nero but the I’m not sure which # it is. None of them match up.

It shows image recorder under the Device and it shows virtual device under Adapter. I’m not sure what this means. I tried installing the CD maker 2000 that came with it and I still could not burn

Looks like your drive is not correctly installed. If you have connected the burner as master on secondary IDE, enable the secondary IDE in BIOS. Ensure that jumper settings on the drive are correct (Rear panel of burner). (BTW, on some versions of Windows, you need admin rights to burn CDs using Nero)

Boot into windows and enable DMA for the device.

If the burner is not correctly installed, you won’t be able to see the model number or set the burn speed :smiley:

On the box, it says drive model- cw 3201. Is this one upgradable? Thanks