Need help with Nero audio tracks and gaps

Hi everyone,

I have been wondering does anybody know how to do this on Nero 6 or 7.

I have a DJ software and i like making my own mixed c.d’s on the software it has a cut button which allows it to make a new file (audio track) when i have finished recording i then put all the tracks that are mixed in order onto Nero. Then click on no pauses between tracks this allows it to have 0 gaps between tracks but when you listen to the c.d you are able to notice where the track has been cut does anybody know who to stop this.

It does kind of a stutter.

Thanks for your time i hope you can help me on this:)

Hicko :slight_smile:

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Try this. After inserting all desired files in audio CD compilation, select all files, right click on selection and select “Properties”.

This will open a window asking the delay between each track. By default is set as 2 seconds, but you can put here a zero. This should work, but I suggest to do a test on a rewritable media first, to not waste media.

Hi Geno,

Thanks for your help but this is what i already do i put in 0 seconds then when i play it back on any C.D Player/Hi Fi you can tell when it changes track because you can hear where it has been cut to the next track. I was just wondering if there is anyway this could be stopped? for an example if you buy a C.D that is mixed like Ministry Of Sound C.D or Clubland C.D you carnt hear it where it has been cut to the next track. When the C.D goes to the next track it jumps just a little bit but you can still hear it.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Sorry that the method I suggested don’t works :frowning:

Hi Geno,

That’s ok thanks for your help anyway i understand people might not get what i mean.

Thanks for your time and effort:)

I know the noise you are talking about, you can really hear it on a burnt CD with headphones on. Every CD burner that i ever had makes that damn sound inbetween the tracks. I just think it’s one of them things that just happens when you burn your own CD’s. But i could be wrong.

Hi everyone,

If anyone has the answer to this please post here thanks

I have been wondering does anybody know how to do this on Nero 6 or 7.

I have a DJ software and i like making my own mixed c.d’s on the software it has a cut button which allows it to make a new file (audio track) when i have finished recording i then put all the tracks that are mixed in order onto Nero. Then click on no pauses between tracks this allows it to have 0 gaps between tracks but when you listen to the c.d you are able to notice where the track has been cut does anybody know who to stop this.

It does kind of a stutter.

Thanks for your time i hope you can help me on this

Hicko

Thanks Bryan for your help:) im glad you understand what i mean:)

Give Exact Audio Copy a try (EAC)
Free and much better than Nero for burning.

You can also have your songs as one wav file (I’m assuming you’ve used some audio editor to edit them to get the track changes/overlaps the way you want them) and use CDWav… just load the single wav file and set your song breaks, and save the cue file… then burn the cue/wav using EAC or nero (burn image)

Hi Daemonicus,

The mixing software i use is a program called Virtual DJ thats to mix my audio files but yes i do use Nero to burn my files and i use the 0 second gap.

I would send you a link to the Virtual DJ website but i dont think this is allowed in this forum but you are able to Google it.

If you are able to look into it there might be a better way so then when i play it back on the C.D player i shouldent be able to hear where it has been cut. I cut the files threw Virtual DJ first.

Thanks for your help:)

I am also going to try that Exact Copy thanks for that:)

Daemonicus might be onto something. Maybe just maybe it’s a Nero thing, since that’s the only software i ever used to burn CD’s? :confused:

Nero is realy the only software i have used tbh with you part from Windows Media Player :slight_smile: but i am going to try this other software :slight_smile:

Hicko

@ Bryan
if your source audio is from MP3 files, then clicks are normal since MP3 encoders usually clip the last few bits of the audio, which will result in an audible “click”. If using MP3 sourced audio, I always convert the MP3s to wave, then use a wav editor to delete the offending “click”, then burn the tracks with EAC, but nero will work too.

I’m heading out, but I’ll look at the DJ software when I return…

I am glad your going to look at Virtual DJ it’s a good software :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help tonight (UK Time) :slight_smile:

I will check this post again in the morning (UK Time)

Hicko

Looking at the description of the Virtual DJ software… it appears to be using MP3s too. I would suspect the same “clipping” is taking place.

Burrrn does a better job on gaps than Nero, I think. www.burrrn.net

Thanks guys i am going to try both of the software’s see which one works better than Nero.

Virtual DJ does mp3 and wav and c.d format (Bin. Cue. files) i always use mp3 i have tried c.d format but it dosent work very well it changes all the cut’s (dosent put them were i asked it to)

Thanks guys if you have any other idea’s please let me know in this forum. :slight_smile:

Hicko

Nero is crap for CDDA, use Burrrn.

if you don’t mind searching for specific songs when playing the CD, what i would do to completely avoid gaps between the tracks is to download the Audition 2.0 trial version, then put all tracks together in a single one, and use the fade out at the end of each track and fade in at the beginning of the next one to minimise cross-fade between tracks, then you can save the mixdown as one single track and burn it.