Need help with my SH-S202G dvdrw not working with any burner programs

I have a samsung SH-S202G dvdrw and it is playing movies,games,etc just fine, but now for some reason nero,imgburn,and magic iso are not detecting it.What’s odd is that if I place a movie or game in the dvdrw then the programs will detect the device.Then if I goto remove the movie disk and put in a blank dvd it won’t copy to it.It used to work perfectly fine last week or so.The error I get after doing the above is this “createfile failed, reason: the number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded”.
I’ve checked in bios and the computer sees the dvdrw just fine.Also device manager says it is working properly and it plays movies,games like I said.
Any advice would be awesome.I’m thinking about pulling it out and trying another dvdrw I have from another machine,but I’d rather not if It’s fixable.
Thanks

Hi and welcome.

Time to clean-out compu/software from rootkit’s and malware.

[QUOTE=ValHall64;2294687]Time to clean-out compu/software from rootkit’s and malware.
[/QUOTE]"The only way to clean a compromised system is to flatten and rebuild"
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc512587.aspx

Michael

I made a proper guide for removing the rootkit that causes the ‘secrets’ error.

mciahel, that link is 5 years old… times change and software gets better. Rebuilding is an option, it’s just not the only option (now).

Hi,[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;2294716]I made a proper guide for removing the rootkit that causes the ‘secrets’ error.[/quote]And what about the unknown payload this rootkit has installed since?

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;2294716]
mciahel, that link is 5 years old… times change and software gets better. [/quote]It may be old, but it is still valid. And malware has “improved” also.

Rebuilding is an option, it’s just not the only option (now).
It is still the only option, especially if rootkits are involved.

But I suggest not to continue the discussion about that matter here. :wink: One of the software related forums would be the better place for this topic.

Michael