Need help with my Plextor PX-130A

vbimport

Hey All
I have a Plextor PX-130A DVD-ROM, it was working fine till I updated the firmware to 1.03 [the official one] and it’s malfunctioning since then
Cannot find the stock 1.01 anywhere… also tried 1.02 and the mods provided by other websites. What am I supposed to do? any help will be highly appreciated.
I thought I would be more exact on the “malfunction” thing.
Well, the tray usually won’t open unless I press the button 4-5 times! ( I had an A-Open which had the same problem with the stock firmware, and even after I upgraded it )
It won’t read some CDs and DVDs which are recognized normally in my NEC DVD-RW, and even in the Plextor itself, before the firmware upgrade.
I should mention that the PX-130A was the best DVD-ROM I ever saw… it was flawless. Such a shame
Now… what do you think ?

Contact Plextor, they have provided that update.

Well I did the best I could, but I couldn’t find where to find that update. I have sent an e-mail to their support department, but there has not been any response. Could you be more exact on what should I do please ? :slight_smile:

http://www.plextor.be/technicalservices/downloads/firmw_130A.asp?choice=DVD-ROM%20drives

Thank for the link, but…
As I mentioned before, The problems began when I upgraded the firmware to 1.03, found in the page you posted…