Need help with - MeGUI_0.3.5 x86.exe

vbimport

i downloaded this program which is used for making High quality video files , i installed the app ok, then when i go to run it , it wont run at all , gives me an error . says - the application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000135). click ok to terminate the application .

i am running win xp pro sp3 . can anyone determine why i am getting this error .

You need to install the Net framework 2.0: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2549691]You need to install the Net framework 2.0: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en[/QUOTE]

ok thanks , can i install net framework 3.5 , or does it have to be 2.0

3.5 should work for this also.

That would be my guess too, pretty sure 3.5 is layered on top of 2.0 and 3.0.

But 4.0 would not do, 4.0 is a new one, not a layer, and only covers .net 4.0 apps.

[QUOTE=Matth;2550477]That would be my guess too, pretty sure 3.5 is layered on top of 2.0 and 3.0.

But 4.0 would not do, 4.0 is a new one, not a layer, and only covers .net 4.0 apps.[/QUOTE]

thanks guys , i tried 4 but that didnt work , i had 3.5 on my pc so i installed that and it works .

have any of you guys used this megui app ? if so i have few questions .

I have used MeGui in the past and found it to be irritating in the extreme. Geekiest, least friendly user interface of any conversion program I’ve used. If you are making mp4 or mkv files, I’ve found Ripbot264, Handbrake and even Xvid4PSP to be easier to use. Another possibility is Staxrip, though I haven’t tried it.

MeGui does give the user a lot of control over the conversion settings, but it is a steeper learning curve with it than many of the other programs. Just my opinion.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2550743]I have used MeGui in the past and found it to be irritating in the extreme. Geekiest, least friendly user interface of any conversion program I’ve used. If you are making mp4 or mkv files, I’ve found Ripbot264, Handbrake and even Xvid4PSP to be easier to use. Another possibility is Staxrip, though I haven’t tried it.

MeGui does give the user a lot of control over the conversion settings, but it is a steeper learning curve with it than many of the other programs. Just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

ok thanks .i will try these others ,