Need help with Making CD Backup

vbimport

Hi,

Really new at this. I recently bought Tonka Firefighter at a local department store for my 3 year old son. He absolutely loves the game, so much so that he will even carry the cd around with him. I don’t want the CD to get wrecked, (it costs $40) so I have been tryng to make a copy of it. Unfortunately I have been thwarted on EVERY attempt. I have read a lot in the forums, and have downloaded a lot of programs including Clonecd/Alcohol 120%/ClonyXXL etc… Each of the scans that I have run on the Firefighter CD have come up with no security measures detected, yet I still can’t run the backup CD?? I have followed detailed instructions on how to use Alcohol but have just had no luck whatsoever at backing up this CD? I have tried at least 6 times with different programs and still no go. Could anyone help me out? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Wshrig

hmm, well the game isn’t listed @ http://www.makeabackup.com/database-T.html
of course that doesn’t mean itz unprotected though…what make/model of cd burner/s do you have ?

It’s an LG DVD/CD Burner. I don’t have the exact model number. It’s fairly new, maybe 2 months old!

ok, i’ll assume the cd/dvd is working ok for any other task ? your operating system is ? anyway, download Nero InfoTool V2.27 @ http://www.cdspeed2000.com/
run it and find out the make/model and firmware revision of the drive. also, cd/dvd combos are generally crap at backing up games, so this could be the issue

Did you try aray sector scan www.aray-software.com or scanning the .exe, .dll files using aray or PID http://pid.gamecopyworld.com in the install directory. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s protected by SecuROM 4.8+ as it is an Atrai game.

Hi, your right. I ran PID and it found SecuROM 4.8+ Is there a way to get around this?? As for info tool it says it is a HL-DT-ST DVD RAM DSA-4081B Firmware version A100. There are no other problems with the burner. I am using Windows XP with SP1. I have backed up may DVD’s for the kids to use. This is the 1’st game I have attempted though.

As you’re using Alcohol or CloneCD you got three options:

1. Use SecuROM 4/5 profile for reading and writing and choose a slow read speed for DPM like 1x. This will result in an emulated copy, so you got to enable RMPS emualtion in Alcohol.

2. Alcohol 120%: Copying SecuROM 4.8x protected games with no emulation

3. CloneCD: Copying SecuROM 4.8x protected games

If your backup is running from a burner you’ve got to enable ‘Hide ATIP’ in Alchol or CloneCD. Notice method 2 and 3 are a bit hardware dependant but you’ll have a non emulated copy so the backup should work on every PC. Good luck :).

Well thanks for the help guys. I have tried step 2 and step 3 both to no success :frowning: I am not sure how to enable RMPS emualtion in Alcohol? so I guess I am out of luck with a back up on this one. ( I am not even sure what this whole emulation thing is all about or what it means?) I have now wasted 8 cdr’s and pitched a keyboard at the wall so I am going to call it a night and maybe try again in the a.m.

Thanks again!

Wshrig

emulation = to be like. in other words, an emulated copy has to have help to “say” to the games’ exe “hey dude, i am the real game CD so itz ok to start the game”. try playing the backup copy with the ALL 3 boxes checked in alcohol. note that you do not need to run alcohol in the background - just check the boxes/ok … then put the game cd backup in and see if she runs.