Need help with make dvd?

Ye, I have a lots of home videos, and want to make a dvd for my family watch in the Christmas day, so any one know how to do that…:flower: thanks for your answers…

Do you need to edit the home videos? Take sections out, have transitions?

If so, you’ll need a full blown editing program that can output as dvd-video. There are quite a few that have fully functional trials for you to test the programs, like Corel Video Studio Express, Vegas Movie Studio, and Adobe Premiere Elements.

If you don’t want to edit, but just wish to convert what you have directly to dvd-video, you can do this with free tools like AVStoDVD or DVDFlick.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2563252]Do you need to edit the home videos? Take sections out, have transitions?

If so, you’ll need a full blown editing program that can output as dvd-video. There are quite a few that have fully functional trials for you to test the programs, like Corel Video Studio Express, Vegas Movie Studio, and Adobe Premiere Elements.

If you don’t want to edit, but just wish to convert what you have directly to dvd-video, you can do this with free tools like AVStoDVD or DVDFlick.[/QUOTE]

Well, i need to transfer these videos to dvd to watch on my home dvd player, how can I do that? thanks !

Where do you have these home videos now? Are they stored on VHS tapes, hard drives, video tape? How you import them to the computer varies depending on what you are starting with.

All of the editing programs I mentioned can import the video from a camcorder via usb or firewire. Importing from vhs tapes would mean using a capture device of some sort.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2563254]Where do you have these home videos now? Are they stored on VHS tapes, hard drives, video tape? How you import them to the computer varies depending on what you are starting with.

All of the editing programs I mentioned can import the video from a camcorder via usb or firewire. Importing from vhs tapes would mean using a capture device of some sort.[/QUOTE]

Oh they are in my computer hard drive, and I shot it via my Sony camera…and they are in HD MKV formt,does this helped ???thanks!

That’s interesting. I didn’t know that any of the major manufacturers had cameras that would output to HD mkv files.

I convert blu ray HD footage to dvd-video quite often with AVStoDVD, so I know this will generally work for that type of conversion. It has no editing capability however. For editing you might want to try the Vegas software I linked earlier, since it is a Sony product and specifically has HD support.

Normally the cameras come with their own software. Did yours not?

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2563256]That’s interesting. I didn’t know that any of the major manufacturers had cameras that would output to HD mkv files.

I convert blu ray HD footage to dvd-video quite often with AVStoDVD, so I know this will generally work for that type of conversion. It has no editing capability however. For editing you might want to try the Vegas software I linked earlier, since it is a Sony product and specifically has HD support.

Normally the cameras come with their own software. Did yours not?[/QUOTE]

Sony vagas pro9 can’t work…I don’t know…

You have professional level software there. Not sure why it wouldn’t work for you. But I have no experience with it, and cannot advise you on its use.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2563258]You have professional level software there. Not sure why it wouldn’t work for you. But I have no experience with it, and cannot advise you on its use.[/QUOTE]

Oh my friend Jack recommend the rz dvd creator, I don’t know if it can work for me, but I will give a shot. stiil thanks for your help …:flower:

This is what you need:

ConvertXtoDVD

I convert all my movies with this… no problem!!

Cheekyman (Frank)

[QUOTE=Cheekyman;2563493]This is what you need:

ConvertXtoDVD

I convert all my movies with this… no problem!!

Cheekyman (Frank)[/QUOTE]

No thanks! I already solve this problem with rz dvd creator, works fine on my computer.:flower: