Need help with LTR-52327S

vbimport

when i first installed this drive the usual found new hardware came up, when i said automatically search for the driver, it says it can’t find anything. btw i use windows xp pro. no drivers are included with the drive. now everytime i restart my computer i get the same message saying it has found the new drive and it does label it correctly. anyone know what is wrong? i can’t find the right driver to select for it. i know it says to use the default windows driver, but i don’t know why it is not selecting it automatically. any help would be appreciated. thanks

there must be something wrong with ur windows installation. things like this should be installed automatically without the need to search for drivers. try repairing ur installation; i forgot the exact procedure, it involves booting up w/ the winxp cd and choosing “repair” or something.

Originally posted by AZImmortal

i forgot the exact procedure, it involves booting up w/ the winxp cd and choosing “repair” or something.
This IS the exact procedure, which allows you to install OS over the existing one.
It concerns the Windows folder and hopefully all the missing files will be fixed/ repaired.

Before I started mucking about with Windows, I’d simply uninstall the IDE controller and reboot, double-check jumper settings and cables.