Need help with ltr-40125s!

vbimport

Hey all,

I am having a problem with a recently purchased Lite-On LTR-40125S and I hope someone can help me.

I was removing the front panel of my case and it somehow got stuck on the CD-tray and pulled it out a little bit. Now, I am unable to get the tray to go back into the drive or eject all the way. It is just sitting here trying to eject and then pull it back in, but it barely moves. It seems to be stuck on something. I can pull the tray all the way out but it will still not suck it back in. I can force the tray in but it will not close all the way.

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this please let me know, otherwise I will have to return it and get a new one.

Thanks a lot!

JT

Sounds like you either skipped gears or stripped them.

If you just got it, take it back. Or somehow keep the tray out with power off and try pushing it back in to realign gears. That is my best guess–that you pulled the tray out further than it is supposed to go, and then some. I think your drive is taking the tray back in and stops, but since your tray is off gear, it thinks you are completely back in.

take it back and dont fret about it.