Need help with identifying video details

vbimport

Hello.

I am currently using WinAVI v6.3 now. I need a program to find out all the details of the clip that i wanna encode. Details including the aspect ratio, bitrate, NTSC or PAL, etc …

Anyone got a program which can help me in this aspect ?

Gspot or Avicodec. Both free. I use both

Thanks … will go check these programs out …

Thanks

you’re welcome

I tried Gspot … doesnt really fit what i want …

Details that i need include whether is it a 16:9 or a 4:3, AC3 enabled ?, NTSC or PAL ?, etc … Cuz when i use WinAVI to convert i need to convert accurately …

version 2.52 is the newest version. it will tell you what you want to know.

tigerman8u this is a screenshot i got for version 2.52. I would like to to ask … with reference to the screenshot where can i get the aspect ratio ? 16:9 or 4:3 ? Yes i can see the bitrate … 224000 … i cannot see whether this show should be encoded in NTSC or PAL … can you teach me how pls ? Thanks :slight_smile:

If you look in the right side of the window you will see frms/sec 25.000.
frms/sec is frames per second (fps). it states the fps is 25.000 (25) which is PAL format. Below that is your frame{wx 720x400. This is the resolution of your video. Standard dvd compliant PAL resolutions are 720x576, 352x576 (1/2 D1) and 352x288 (1/4 D1). As you can see the video resolution is non compliant to a dvd standard, however the fps is. If your dvd player can play PAL convert it to a compliant dvd resolution, because when converting the fps you have the chance of having the audio/video out of sync uless done properly. IMO changing the resolution is easier than changing the fps without having problems.

In your 1st screenshot the video fps is 29.970. This is the NTSC standard for dvd. The resolution is 640x352. Standard NTSC resolutions are 720x480, 352x480 (1/2 D1), and 352x240 (1/4 D1).

For more info check here www.videohelp.com under the section what is dvd/svcd/vcd.
I hope this helps.

Let me/us know of your success. Feel free to ask any questions.

Hmmm by reading your post anything which is 25 fps is PAL and 29.970 fps is NTSC ? I dun really understand the resolutions part ? So wat dimensions do i choose 16:9 and 4:3 ? From your explanation i can see that PAL resolutions are 720 x 576. Is that 16:9 or 4:3 ? NTSC is 720 x 480 …

you could also try VideoInspector: http://www.kcsoftwares.com/index.php?vtb

In the screen shot, look in the DAR box (Display Aspect Ratio), it says 1.80, that means 1.80:1 which is very close to 16:9 ( 16:9 = 1.78:1), so just select 16:9 and it will come out correct.

Hmmm ok … that’s quite true … i was thinking 720 x 400 which aspect ratio should i choose … 16:9 or 4:3 …

For the one above, you just simply select “anamorphic(no borders, encode as 16:9)” in the Aspect Ratio box, you select DVD as your output & DVD2SVCD simply does the rest for you, its not that complicated.

Have you read the AVI/DivX to DVDR Tutorial, its all in there.

I am using DVD Shrink and DVD Decryptor. Oh yes encoding with WinAVI. I choose 16:9 most of the time. But for this show with such an aspect ratio im stumped.

You should try VideoInspector instead of outdated GSpot