Need help with DVDShink and DVDCLONE2 problems

I hope I am in the right forum (my apologies if I am not).

I was happily burning DVD’s with DVDsrhink and DVD Decryoter without any problems until a few days ago, when all of a sudden I started getting the Nero “Ncannot connect TRF” error. I have read a bunch of the forum posts regarding this error and I have tried to uninstall and re-install Nero, DVDshrink and DVDCLONE2 to no avail. Whenever I try to burn a DVD it takes forever (90 minutes plus) for DVDSHRINK or DVDCLONE2 to analyse the files and then, just as long to burn…which inevitabley stops halfway through and shuts down with an error.

First of all, I used to be able to burn a DVD inside of 45 minutes, total analysing and actual burning time. But now it won’t even complete the Burn.

The only other major change i have made to my system is the installation of Directx 9.0c, could this be the problem?

ALso, could this possibly be related to bad media discs? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

DirectX shouldn’t be the problem. But what for a burner you’ve and do you’ve DMA enabled? Also what exactly is the error message? It could be a lot like driver issues, bad media etc…

What version of Nero do you have if it is 6.6.1.4 you’ll need to buy the dolby digital plugin(a rip off I think) google nero clean tools download it save it you’ll need winrar to extract it. uninstall nero 6.6.1.4 and reinstall nero 6.6.0.18 and this will fix the trf error. I had the same problem and this fixed it.

RApidfire: Thanks for your reply. I am running a P4 2.4G with 1G of RAM / WIndows XP and an Emprex 16x Dual Layer Burner. My inital error message was the ‘Ncannot connect to TRF’ . I am not sure exactly what the other messages were (I’m at work) but Iw ill try burning again and include the erreor message. Thanks!

Also you can try to disable burn with nero in dvdshrink then saving your files to hdd and using nero manually to burn.

Dr Who: I have been able to get past the TRF Error (as I have uninstalled Nero, used the cleaning tool and Re-installed and updated) but now it won’t finish the burn, it just hangs and stops responding or gives me an error. I will post the actual erro when I get home tonight. Thanks

Dr Who: How do I manually burn with NERO? It is the OEM edition I received with my Emprex DVD Burner

Mine was an oem 6 came with the burner, and I used the update nero through start smart to use what I use now. Evan an OEM will upgrade to 6.6.0.18 without a price.

If the disc is under 4.37 then just use the copy dvd like you would a cd. If it’s over that you must use dvd shrink or equivelent.

As it turns out, I tried a different type of DVD Media for burning, and I am up and running again no problem. Weird, I didn’t realize that poor media could cause such problems. I switched from some generic DVD media I bought at FRY’s to PLAYO media purchased at Staples. Was able to burn 3 DVD’s with DVDSHRINK in less than 40 minutes each. Thanks for the replies though!