Need help with drivers/new motherboard

Hi

Im having problems with my new Asus A7V-333 Raid motherboard When it recognizes/comes to install the driver for the gameport the macine freezes. Ive tried removing the pci cards, remove and reinstall all components but with no luck…

When I restart the gameport is marked with an error in device manager (Translated to English, may appear different on other sys):

“Windows stopped answering during attempts to start this unit and will not try to start this unit again [Code 11] Look at ASD in Help for closer info. Try to update the drivers for this unit.”

I`ve tried d/l new drivers but it made no difference…

Any suggestions…?

System

asus a7v333raid
xp2200
512mb pc2700
seagate 27gb 5400
geforce256ddr on deto23.10
win98se

do you have the port enabled in the BIOS?

I have looked through the bios, but I cannot seem to find any reference to the gameport/audio device there…The audio all works fine, it`s only the gameport thats giving me headace…The hw jumpers seem to be correct as well…:confused:

The a7v333 is one of the few boards that had me doing a LOT of jumper moving, because it lacked the options in the BIOS.

I would suspect if it’s not in the BIOS, it’s a jumper thing. It can’t hurt to try :wink:

Other things to try: the latest bios release from asus (MAKE SURE you read the note about the EZFlash crap. I personally only use a boot disk and such to flash mine).

I`ll remove and replace the jumpers, get the latest bios and see if it helps…have my doubts though…:frowning:

you could also try re-setting the CMOS

Its a software problem, I reformatted an old hd I had and did a fresh install of win98, then all the drivers and its working flawlessly on that drive…

Is there a way to “clean” windows/registry of all exsisting drivers for so to install the new ones…? I`d really like to avoid a full reinstall of windows…