Need help with Daewoo DVD Recorder

I have the Daewoo DR2100P DVD Recorder. This is my first one and am having trouble with this. The problem is Ive recorded a few things to a DVD and there not showing up. I recorded 3 voyagers of five but only 2 of them come up on the DVD. Also I recorded 3 films on a DVD and only 2 are showing on there as-well. It still says I have 03:23:53 remaining in EP mode.

I still am having trouble with this. I can not recorde any more than 2 shows on a dvd. the dvd is a philips dvd+RW.

Showing up on what?

Until finalised or “made compatible”, other equipment may not show all (or any) of the recorded content on an open disk, so that’s the first question.

I’ll do 3 test pieces on an RW, since I have the same machine, only just getting to grips with recording, though it will be a case of the blind leading the blind, as what I know about standalone recorders is a lot less that my “get by” on computer drives.

PS. One beware on this model, if recording from it’s own tuner, switching on an AV source to the second scart takes over, both feedthrough and recording!

[I just got a daewoo dvd recorder on the tv screen it says in a box
instructions: connet input. i have tried everything and i cant figure out what to do. if anyone can help please do thanks

Ive recorded on to other DVDs and they have all been OK. so this must be a faulty DVD + RW. Also Ive finalised my DVDs which play in my other DVD Player but they wont on my Laptop or PC. Its a good machine though and I think the pictures good on EP mode. way better than VHS.

Did a test piece in SEP (8 hour) mode, even that seems to be as good as a typical VHS, though you can tell the difference if you’ve just looked at one in SP mode.

The model receives some criticism for not including the 3 hour mode (which many seem to regard as the best balance of quality and recording time), and 6 hour (often reckoned to be a fair balance of extended time against reduced quality).

The 8 hour mode would seem to be usable for undemanding content, while not as crisp as the SP mode, it has no glaring vices.

One other bug noted, though this may be incompetent signalling of PDC by the broadcaster:

It started early, recorded a minute, shut down, started up, shutdown, missed the opening preamble before finally starting with the titles, so it actually recorded two “titles” for the one programme. Mind you, I’ve seen a VCR mess up in a similar way, so it’s about time the BBC learned to get PDC right, it’s always been pretty ropey on BBC1, while it works better on most other channels.

If recording on BBC1, may be better to leave PDC off.

I fixed that above. I had over white mode on. Which was why it was deleting stuff. Dose any one know how to unlock DIVX on this player? Some sites say it has DIVX on. But it wont play them.

[QUOTE=TVDavid;1205080]I have the Daewoo DR2100P DVD Recorder. This is my first one and am having trouble with this. The problem is Ive recorded a few things to a DVD and there not showing up. I recorded 3 voyagers of five but only 2 of them come up on the DVD. Also I recorded 3 films on a DVD and only 2 are showing on there as-well. It still says I have 03:23:53 remaining in EP mode.[/QUOTE] i have a daewoo 2100p when i put date and time in and press ok then when i go to timer the date is all different and wont record

i have a daewoo 2100p when i put date and time in and press ok then when i go to timer the date is all different and wont record