Need help with copying Diablo II LOD, Please Help!

vbimport

#1

I used clone cd to read the image and it wrote it, then when i went to write it got dont. But now when i put the burnt copy in the CD drive then my computer just freezes. Anyone know why this happens, the regular CD works fine.
Diablo II Lord of Destruction
I used the Game CD Profile Settings


#2

What writer do you have and do you have a separate cd/dvd rom to use as a reader?


#3

Maybe you should try CD Mate instead of Clone CD. Securom titles and my Liteon haven’t got along with Clone CD so well. Just a suggestion, give it a try maybe. But before you do anything, try DAEMON Tools to see if it will run. If it does, you can obviously burn it if you have the right hardware.


#4

I have a Polaroid BurnMAX40EX External Burner. It says its compatiable with CloneCD, and it supports reading sub channel data and everything. I tried Daemon Tools and it worked when i mounted the image. Any suggestions what i can do??


#5

I too am having problems with LOD! I’ve copied the Install and the Play disc fine, but the LOD-Expansion disc doesn’t seem to work, does anyone know what protection IT has, if any? I thought that the play disc was the only one with protection? One more thing; Does anyone have any links to a RELIABLE protection detector, I’ve tried CD-Detector, YaPS, and the Clone CD data base, and most of them give N/A for the protection, but I KNOW there’s some there! Thanks


#6

Originally posted by V12|V12
I too am having problems with LOD! I’ve copied the Install and the Play disc fine, but the LOD-Expansion disc doesn’t seem to work, does anyone know what protection IT has, if any? I thought that the play disc was the only one with protection? One more thing; Does anyone have any links to a RELIABLE protection detector, I’ve tried CD-Detector, YaPS, and the Clone CD data base, and most of them give N/A for the protection, but I KNOW there’s some there! Thanks
The Lord of Destruction expansion is protected with SecuROM 4.47.00 0039. If you have a reliable Subs reader/writer then you won’t have an issue in Clone CD using the SecuROM profile. Enable Hide CDR Media from the ccd tray in order to play the backup in a burner or other ATIP reading drive.


#7

Hey thanks for the rapid reply; BTW- So is it safe to say that you cannot make a 1:1 copy of this game, since you have to have CloneCD installed on the comp playing it? (I’m an intermediate user of CloneCD, but getting better with the forums!)

BTW- I’m thinking about getting a new burner, what is the BEST CloneCD/overall compatible drive for the newest protections?


#8

Originally posted by V12|V12
BTW- So is it safe to say that you cannot make a 1:1 copy of this game, since you have to have CloneCD installed on the comp playing it?

You don’t need ccd on your system to play the game using an ordinary cd/dvd rom (yes I know that there are one or two dvds that can read an atip but they’re as rare as hen’s teeth). You only need a utility to hide the atip if you play from a writer.

(Btw, there’s no such thing as a 1:1 copy of any copy protected cd; you can make a working copies but they are never 1:1).


#9

Originally posted by V12|V12
Hey thanks for the rapid reply; BTW- So is it safe to say that you cannot make a 1:1 copy of this game, since you have to have CloneCD installed on the comp playing it? (I’m an intermediate user of CloneCD, but getting better with the forums!)
Having to run Hide CDR Media in the background is something that has to be done when backing up many protected games.
There are two crucial differences between an original game CD and a backup CD. On a backup CD, the recordable media contains ATIP information. Information such as Max Write Speed, Disc Manufacturer ect… is contained in the ATIP. No such information is contained on an original game CD. Game CD’s are pressed and not burnt in the conventional way you backup CD’s. Along with the protection on these games the protionists add an ATIP check. If the checker sees ATIP information it knows you are not running the original game, thus failing to run the game. You cannot do anything except to block this ATIP in some way. Hide CDR Media does this. Mostly only burners can read ATIP information, therefore, if you play the backup in a regular CD/DVD Rom, you will not need to enable Hide CDR Media.
Although, you have a 1:1 backup, it will never be a true 1:1 because of the ATIP.


#10

AH! I understand now, I wasn’t thinking about that ATIP info that comes with CDR/Ws and not pressed CDs, DER… thanks all for the rapid help and replies… Hopefully when I get home I can get the game backup… I’ve the install (FINE no prot), Play Disc seemed to work, but the LOD expansion disc wasn’t working, so I’m assuming it has protection as well!?

BTW- Anyone have a good protection verifier? Thanks again :stuck_out_tongue:


#11

Man, oh man BONK!!! Thanks for all the help folks, I kept of forgetting about the ATIP and it makes a ton of sense why you can’t have “True” 1:1 with it, I ticked “hide CDR etc…” and funny thing, I had to take the disc of my burner and it would ONLY play in the reader with the hide cdr… etc. The burner sees the ATIP no matter what the setting for clone Tray etc… BuT Diablo-II_LOD AND UT-2 work in the reader with the Hide Cdr etc… I wonder if there’s a stand alone prog that would hide ATIP without having to have clone CD installed (say on a comp that doesn’t have burning software (lan rigs))?

Thanks everyone! :bigsmile:


#12

Originally posted by V12|V12
I ticked “hide CDR etc…” and funny thing, I had to take the disc of my burner and it would ONLY play in the reader with the hide cdr… etc. The burner sees the ATIP no matter what the setting for clone Tray etc… BuT Diablo-II_LOD AND UT-2 work in the reader with the Hide Cdr etc…
As for Hide CD-R media not working for the burner…this is most unusual, it’s been reported before and is most likely a bug in the protection. The games you mention don’t need Hide CD-R media when played from a non-burner. If you need it turned on then I suggest you uninstall CloneCD, reboot, choose a custom reinstall unchecking the Virtual Drive and reboot.


#13

Originally posted by FutureProof
As for Hide CD-R media not working for the burner…this is most unusual, it’s been reported before and is most likely a bug in the protection. The games you mention don’t need Hide CD-R media when played from a non-burner. If you need it turned on then I suggest you uninstall CloneCD, reboot, choose a custom reinstall unchecking the Virtual Drive and reboot.

Hey, thanks for the replies folks; ***I tried what you said about uninstalling CloneCD(4202) etc and still have no luck with getting Diablo-II-LOD/UT-2 to work from my CDRW drive, nor can they be played w/o Hide-CDR-Media from my reader (Plex 40UW)… I’m not sure what’s going on with that, could it be that there’s something in the Reg that is pointing toward my drives or has already logged and ATIP occurance? Maybe I should do a reinstall of the games themselves and see what happens? :confused:


#14

the only way i could get a reliable copy of d2-lod was to read and write it at slow speeds 8x anything higher and the copy was very dodgy


#15

Originally posted by slayerking
the only way i could get a reliable copy of d2-lod was to read and write it at slow speeds 8x anything higher and the copy was very dodgy

Argh, I was hoping that I wouldn’t have to reburn, but I’ve got like 60 discs left, so might as well… BTW I was just wonder what

READ
xxxx Settings you used with cloneCD

WRITE

xxxxx etc…

thanks! :slight_smile:


#16

i used the securom profile off the forum here:

[CloneCD ReadPrefs]
ReadSubData=1
RegenerateData=0
ReadSubAudio=1
AbortOnReadError=0
FastErrorSkip=0
ReadSpeedData=0
ReadSpeedAudio=0
IntelligentBadSectorScan=0
SectorSkip=100
NoErrorReport=0
FirstSessionOnly=0
AudioQuality=0
[CloneCD WritePrefs]
DontRepairSubchannelData=0
AlwaysCloseLastSession=1
AmplifyWeak=0
WriteSpeed=0