Need help with convertxtodvd

vbimport

:slight_smile: hi,
just wanted to see if anyone can help me out i am useing convertxtodvd v.2.2.3.258h i have never had any problems useing it befor up to now when i try to burn a dvd movie that i have converted i am getting a error massage saying

reporting invalaid address for write during recovery-trying to continue

at sector 541888 (16) recover sequence started

write error code 030c00 [write error] - info0-csio

i am useing right now to burn my dvds dynex dvd-r 1-16x and i am useing my external hard drive benq dvd ls dw1655 to brun my dvds i have notice that when i try to burn the movies at 16x or 12x and at 8x that when i am getting this error massage but everthing that i burn at 4x is fine so far so i dont know if its my dvd burner or if its the dynex dvds that i am useing

I’d try a different brand of media, preferably something like Sony or Verbatim, and burn at 8x-12x.

The fact that it appears to burn OK at such a low speed leads me to that conclusion. :wink:

hi Arachne thanks for the reply but do you know what this error massage means that i am getting

reporting invalaid address for write during recovery-trying to continue

at sector 541888 (16) recover sequence started

write error code 030c00 [write error] - info0-csio

i dont know why this is happening now becaues i have used all kind of different brand of media with my benq and covertxtodvd and burn at 16x always and have never gotting this error befor up to now and also i have used this type of media dynex once befor at 16x and everthing was ok but i dont know if it was the - or + that i used that time

Put bluntly, Dynex is often crappy or fake media, which can be made by any one of dozens of manufacturers (unlike with say, Verbatim, where you know what you’re getting every time).

It’s possible that the Dynex discs you used successfully before, were made by a different manufacturer to the ones you’re having trouble with now.

There’s a reason I often recommend stuff like Verbatim - it’s because most of the time, they’re the safest option for trouble-free burning. :wink:

ok thanks Arachne

You’re welcome. :slight_smile: