Need help with cdclone and safedisc 2.9

I am new to this and am trying to copy rome: total war disc 1 which is protected by safedisc 2.9 It seems to copy but every time I try to run it, it says to eject cd and reinsert. I actually installed the game with the copy of disc 1 I made with clonecd. I can’t figure out what I need to do to get it to work. I also tried with disc juggler and got the same message. What do I do? Any help would be greatly appriecated.

PS I have just figured out how to use the hide cdr media on clonecd. It now takes me to the title screen of Rome:TW but kicks me out then back to the desktop. ANy advice?

Recheck your settings using this Illustrated guide to copying SafeDisc 4 with emulation maybe you missed something.

I did all this, nothing works. I get to the title page of the game and get kicked out onto the desktop.

Found via google http://www.deafgamers.com/04reviews/rometotalwar_pc.htm

…Out of the box the game has several bugs and back to desktop crashes have been experienced by many. Thankfully the first patch seems to have resolved the majority of issues but some still remain…

Update your game and see if it solves the problem.