Need help with CD+G

vbimport

Hey everyone hows it going?

I am having some trouble copying CD+G disk’s. I try disk to disk copy but only the music comes through is there software that will allow me to burn them with the burner I have or do I need to get another. the drive I have is LightScribe DVD SuperMulti Drive/CD writer with power2go burning software.

Thank you much
James

Hi James, welcome to CDF :slight_smile:

First you’ll need a drive that supports reading/writing of those discs :slight_smile:

Check with Nero InfoTool if the CD+G box is ticked for your drive, in the features list. I have a couple of Samsung drives which do the job with CD+G.

Then what I use, is CloneCD (multimedia audio CD setting) to read and write the disc.

Also, check in Device Manager (under DVD/CD-ROM drives) what make and model your drive is. :wink:

[QUOTE=icedraggon;2013939]Hey everyone hows it going?

I am having some trouble copying CD+G disk’s. I try disk to disk copy but only the music comes through is there software that will allow me to burn them with the burner I have or do I need to get another. the drive I have is LightScribe DVD SuperMulti Drive/CD writer with power2go burning software.

Thank you much
James[/QUOTE]

Those drives are hard to find. I only know of one company that makes a drive that burns CD+G’s and thats Yamaha. I used to have one of these burners and I am still looking for a new one. I checked with all kinds of companies before Yamaha said they made on. There may be some new ones out there now. I am going to look at the computer show next weekend for a CD+G capable burner. You also need special programs. Most of the burning programs wont burn CD+G’s even if they have the option for it. The first thing you need is a capable burner.

I hope you are not using these for public use. I just had 3 friends of mine that I made discs for get busted for using burned CD+G’s at their karaoke shows. It is a major deal now! They were fined $20.00 per disc and we all know how large of a collection KJ’s use for karaoke shows. 1 of my friends had 100 burned discs. A $2000.00 fine plus the fine for using the illegal discs! All in all the 100 disc fine has reached $4500.00 so far! The other had roughly 250 burned discs. I made them, but im not in trouble since they were intended for personal home use and they didnt rat me out. They knew the risks, but didnt care. They music industry cracked down really hard in January and is making trips to karaoke show and checking discs. They hired 2,000 agents just for this purpose throughout the USA. Not only do you get fined,but they take the discs, can confiscate ALL of your equipment as evidence, and arrest you if they want to. My friends only got fined and ALL of their discs taken. All in all, if they are for home use cool, but if not, be very careful!

Search the forum, you could find posts like this:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/cd-g-burning-239078/#post2000187

Or this
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/please-help-burning-cdgs-226674/#post1870487

Hello

Thank

Hello

Thank you for raped response to my question.

This may make me sound pretty stupid but I am new to copying any type of disk in the all together and am not up to speed on the technologies and software applications.

I have tried looking on line to find out if my drive is compatible with burning CD+G disks but could not find it on line. According to my device manager my drive is a TSST corp CDDVDW TS-H653N ATA Device. I have CyberLink DVD Suite Deluxe burner and just recently downloaded Nero trial. How do I find out what my drive can or can not do? I know it will play the CD+G disks so I took it for granted that it could also burn them.

I am also use DVD Decrypter and DVD shrink For DVDs but having trouble copying 2 layer DVDs I managed to get one copied however when I played it on my home DVD player it went strait to the end of the movie and the previews and none of the menus worked. Needles to say it was a very bad copy.

I f I can not figure it out I may have to give up and find someone else to do it for me but then I would have to put money out that I really would rather keep in my pocket so if you can help this idiot figure this stuff out I would be most grateful.

If you already have Nero, use “InfoTool” (it’s in Nero’s Tools), and it will tell you if your burner can do CD+G (That’s what Arachne told you).
If that’s so, just get an old copy of CloneCD, and that’s all you’ll need.
It seems you have a samsung 203, which is a fine burner.

[QUOTE=icedraggon;2016219]Hello

Thank you for [B]raped [/B]response to my question.
[/QUOTE]

Uhm.
Only some drives can read out CD+G and even less drives/burners can even burn CD+G.

Well Thank you for the info.

I found out that my disk drive can read CD+G but can not burn them.:sad:
So looks like I will have to get a new burner to copy my CD+G disk’s:sad:

My mum seems to manage it OK with the TSST TS-H653A that came with her Dell (which is actually a Samsung SH-S183A).

Have you actually tried reading then writing a CD+G with CloneCD to make absolutely sure it won’t do it? Worth a shot, you can only waste one blank disc. :slight_smile: