Need help with BenQ 1620

vbimport

Having some trouble burning with my 1620. At first i was using generic discs and when trying to burn them it would either freeze up or have errors once it was done. I went out and bought a 4-pack of Mitsumi discs and they worked. I then bought a spindle of the same discs and now it wont work again. I tried many things which i found in this forum such as the 3 steps to converting it to a retail BenQ 1620 (B instead of G). That worked but it still wont burn. I’ve tried using Nero and Sonic but it will ususally freeze up under 10% of completion. I am going crazy here playing with this. Please someone help me! The latest firmware i flashed was the B7T9, however the B7P9 also didnt work. Nothing works!!

I too purchased a bunch of Mitsumi discs from FutureShop and have since determined that they are very poor quality discs.

Use DVD Identifier to determine the real manufacturer of the discs.

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/

Chances are that the 4-pack and the spindle are made by different manufacturers - even though they both say Mitsumi.

Go with a better name brand disc and chances are that your problems will vanish. The 1620 prefers +R discs so make sure they’re +R’s as well. Read some of the posts in here to determine what discs people like for their 1620’s.