Need help to fit audio onto standard CD

vbimport

Hello super noob here!

I NEED YOUR HELP!

Alright, I am using audacity sound recorder with lame mp3 encoder, and I am recording sermons at my church. I just bought the computer w/ cd burner for recording and then burning a master 80 minute Cd-R to duplicate to pass out. Burning the cd’s with windows media player. (Duplicating machine on the way)

Here’s the deal, Each sermon is roughly 40-50 minutes long and there are TWO (2) sermons every Sunday. So roughly 95 minutes of voice audio time. I can convert them to ANY SIZE BITRATE MP3 I need. I want to be able to get BOTH sermons on ONE 80 min / 700 mb CD-R disc (more if I can, maybe, like a month’s worth of sermons) understanding that there WILL be quality loss.

But, can this be done WITHOUT creating a “data disk” or “overburning” so the CD-R can be played, with both sermons on it at a smaller bitrate, in anyone’s cd player that supports burned cds??? (car, walkman player, stero at home, ect…)

bump… you guys are my only hope!

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Since this is an international forum, it may take a little while to get an answer…just be patient and I’m sure someone will be able to help (sadly I personally know no other way except creating a data disc). :slight_smile:

there’s gotta by a way…:frowning:

[QUOTE=zbus12;2016561]there’s gotta by a way…:([/QUOTE]
Unfortunately there isn’t. The audio cd format is a standard which states every audio schematic has to be the same (44.1KHz stereo). You cannot (re)compress to say 22KHz mono or something, because it will cease to be a standard and therefore not play on any audio cd player.

So, you will require 99 minute cd’s like this.

Beware that old audio cd players cannot handle cd’s past the 74 minute standard.

what about using different formats that play on cd players that could be compressed and played other than mp3?

You could adjust the time in Audacity. You can increase the speed and lower the pitch. It’s only about 18%, shouldn’t sound too much like a chipmunk.

now that’s a thought! Thank you. I will give it a try. Keep em coming!

do you think that say 90 minutes could be brought down to say 75 min without noticing too much to put two sermons on one cd?

Moved to Audio forum…

Wish I could help but I’m still learning too.I have a friend that’s also a member here.I will talk to him if there’s a way I think he will know.

I apolagize for the double post but after asking my friend he said he didn’t know any way.So there probably isn’t one.
He did say with Audacity if you removed all quite areas maybe you could get each sermon down to no more than 40 minutes.That would go on an80 minute CD.Still would not work on a player that would only plat 74 minute discs.

Hey IT WORKS! I sped it by about 15% then lowered the pitch by 15 and PRESTO! Voice sounds SPOT ON while there is only MINOR speed difference that is really not noticed all that much! Thank you for the pointer and looks as if I will be doing this from now on! even though there is a tad bit more post processing than what I wanted, but looks like this IS the only way to fit 90 min of audio on an 80 min cd! I have successfully burned BOTH sermons on ONE CD! Excellent advice!!!

The only thing now is figuring the proper ratios for time/speed/pitch for minimal speed difference for different length sermons while maintaining good vocal pitch and acceptable time compression. WHEW, it never ends!

Thank you very much for your helpful input once again!

[quote=cholla;2017335]I apolagize for the double post but after asking my friend he said he didn’t know any way.So there probably isn’t one.
He did say with Audacity if you removed all quite areas maybe you could get each sermon down to no more than 40 minutes.That would go on an80 minute CD.Still would not work on a player that would only plat 74 minute discs.[/quote]

Thank you for taking the time to help out in this situation! I knew I would find some helpful people here! Thanks again!

Recording in stereo, put one sermon on the left track and another on the right track. Playback with the balance all the way to left or right. Each talk has its own track. Would be a problem I would guess when played on non-stereo equipment.