Need help splitting a DVD

vbimport

Well here is my first post.

Usually I either do the whole movie with DVD FAB Gold latest version.

But I need to make a copy of Planet Earth for my car trip. I wanted no compression as we wanted to see all the great camera work.

I can hit split but from there I’m lost. It automatically chose where to split it. I told it to go to first split title on disc 2. Then when I hit start it decodes it analyzes it, then decodes it then burns a disc. The disc it burns has about 2/3 of the movie. When I put a second dvd in to burn it’s still burning the first split disc, how do I burn the second split disc? That’s where I’m stuck. I’ve done hundreds of movies but I’ve never really needed to split one. I’ve read the tutorial and searched the forum but nothing really tells you how to burn the second split disc.

Any help would be great, I love this software.

Thank you and God bless.

[QUOTE=majk;2027350]Well here is my first post.

Usually I either do the whole movie with DVD FAB Gold latest version.

But I need to make a copy of Planet Earth for my car trip. I wanted no compression as we wanted to see all the great camera work.

I can hit split but from there I’m lost. It automatically chose where to split it. I told it to go to first split title on disc 2. Then when I hit start it decodes it analyzes it, then decodes it then burns a disc. The disc it burns has about 2/3 of the movie. When I put a second dvd in to burn it’s still burning the first split disc, how do I burn the second split disc? That’s where I’m stuck. I’ve done hundreds of movies but I’ve never really needed to split one. I’ve read the tutorial and searched the forum but nothing really tells you how to burn the second split disc.

Any help would be great, I love this software.

Thank you and God bless.[/QUOTE]

Did not know DVDFab Gold had the split mode, learn something new every day :slight_smile:
BTW…welcome to the forum

Yeah it does. The options are full disc, main movie, split and write file or something like that.

Hopefully somebody here knows what I’m talking about. I need to get this split by this weekend so I don’t have to take the originals with me on a road trip.

Thanks,

Anybody have an idea? Somebody has to know how to burn the second disc or how I set it up. :slight_smile:

Anybody have an idea? Somebody has to know …
National Prayer Day May 1st, 2008

Psalm 28:7 “The Lord is my strength and shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped.” —

so ask Him ,

or quit with the religious propaganda & I’ll tell you how.

use write data mode.

[quote=cybmole;2028120]Anybody have an idea? Somebody has to know …
National Prayer Day May 1st, 2008

Psalm 28:7 “The Lord is my strength and shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped.” —

so ask Him ,

or quit with the religious propaganda & I’ll tell you how.[/quote]

Wow never knew this forum was censored so much? Sorry I touched and aetheist nerve with you.

It was just a signature, like this guys about sneakers.

For details on my other (sneaker) collection, please PM me!
(You must be into sneakers too to get your info :stuck_out_tongue:

Or this one:

Welcome to [I][COLOR=royalblue]CD Freaks[/I]! I’m[/COLOR] [I]Albert[/I] [used to be [B]wallace0134[/B] :flower:], the resident Sony DVD Writer Historian, Grammar Policeman, Teenage MENSA Mod Ninja, CMC MAG M01 Zealot, Teenage MathS Whizz, and Wannabe Newsman.*** :smiley: [COLOR=blue]|||[/COLOR]Been here for 2.5 years, and don’t plan to leave anytime soon. :slight_smile: It’s is an awesome place to be; just[SIZE=1] read the forum [COLOR=Sienna]rules, [/COLOR][SIZE=1]use your common sense, and all will be fine. :iagree: [/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR=blue]|||[/COLOR] I highly suggest you enjoy the [COLOR=Black]Living Room.[/COLOR] [I]Just don’t ask for technical help there[/I]. ;)[COLOR=blue]|||[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed]Try to avoid PMing for help. [COLOR=DarkOrange]If you have an issue, let everyone help and benefit from the knowledge gained! [COLOR=RoyalBlue]|||[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] Finally, just enjoy the good atmostphere and all the good people. Don’t start none, there won’t be none. :stuck_out_tongue: [COLOR=blue]|||[/COLOR]

[COLOR=purple]Free yourselves! [COLOR=Red]||| Join CD Freaks! [click the asterisks] [SIZE=1]********||| Make a signature! ||| Have fun on CD Freaks[/COLOR]! :bigsmile:

Or the half a dozen ones about their computer specs, I care about them why? Why don’t you come over to a gun forum that I’m a senior member on we’ll see if we can disparage you within your first couple posts???

All I asked for was help. But I guess it’s too much to ask from some computer geek going by cybmole.

A unwritten rule on most forums is if you don’t like it, leave and don’t post. Nobody made you read my thread.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I take it that God has still not told you the answer then :slight_smile:

All I asked for was a little bit of help. I didn’t say anything controversial, I didn’t pm anybody and start anything. All I did was post a thread asking for help with a quick problem.
And I get cybmole’s smart ass comment about my signature. Thanks for a great welcome to the forum.

I don’t need your help or want it. Unlike your thinking I don’t need your offer of help. My life will go on if I don’t get an answer, I just saw how nice everyone was here and thought why not ask, I’m sure somebody will help me.

But no he attacks me based on my signature. Like I told him maybe I should have put a list of all my dvd’s or my computers or list my gun collection, which to me is like allot of your guys computers. I love my collection, it’s my passion.

So I’m sorry if I offended any of you with my signature, I didn’t ask cybmole to look or read it. I wasn’t preaching to anyone, I simply asked for help. That’s all.

Thank you Troy512 I’ll give it a try and see what I can come up with.

Bryan

majk
Sorry for the rud comments from the other member, some just seem to have issues with religious sayings I guess

majk ;I am a gun fan so your gun collection would be fine with me.
Some people just seem to take offense at certain things.Take me for instance I can be so blunt it leaves someone feeling like they’ve been skinned with a dull knife.I try to watch that when posting but sometimes it just slips out.
The religious & Scriptures are fine with me but some people just can’t ignor them.I was once banned by a forum for refusing to remove the Scriptures from my sig.That show how some can’t stand them.
I would like to have helped but other than making backup copies from factory DL discs.I haven’t burned to DL.I always compress to single layer for me the result is fine.I guess it’s not what you want.

[quote=StormJumper;2028363]majk
Sorry for the rud comments from the other member, some just seem to have issues with religious sayings I guess[/quote]

Thank you guys for the kind words. I don’t know what I did to offend him but I know there are good people like you here.

[quote=cholla;2028378]majk ;I am a gun fan so your gun collection would be fine with me.
Some people just seem to take offense at certain things.Take me for instance I can be so blunt it leaves someone feeling like they’ve been skinned with a dull knife.I try to watch that when posting but sometimes it just slips out.
The religious & Scriptures are fine with me but some people just can’t ignore them.I was once banned by a forum for refusing to remove the Scriptures from my sig.That show how some can’t stand them.
I would like to have helped but other than making backup copies from factory DL discs.I haven’t burned to DL.I always compress to single layer for me the result is fine.I guess it’s not what you want.[/quote]

It’s funny you being a gun fan, you know guns can be as controversial if not more than religion sometimes. Well I did just pick up a new Yugo Ak, a new Beretta PX4 .40 and a Savage .17HMR. :iagree:
I just leave it to each their own.

Thank you for offering to help. I’m messing with it today to see if can figure it out. I’m burning through a few dvd’s but luckily the wife gets them cheaper through Best Buy with her employee disc.
I’ll get it eventually.

Thank you to all for the help and kind words. Great forum by the way.:flower:

Yeah he did help me with that little problem of sin debt. :bigsmile:

i didn’t set out to be rude - I though it funny that you post asking desperately for help then add a sig suggesting that god knows all the answers and we shouuld be asking her or him.

the problem with in-your-face- signatures is that they drag threads off topic e.g. I find guns far more offensive then bibles & if Jesus were around today I don’t reckon he’d be toting a Yuko or Beretta or have a personal armory stashed in the carpentry shop. I figure he’d do to your gun shows what he did to the temple money changers…

anyway…back on topic… the answer to your problem is very simple. select split & select hard drive as the output folder. Fab will then create 2 separate disc images & you just burn them to SL blanks with a burner of your choice e.g. imgburn.

sample topical but annoying sig follows:

"one man of peace dies and a hundred wars begin

• you keep murdering people in your Christian name , I thought he… I could of sworn he said it was a sin…
    soldier where have you been "

from Easter? by Grace Slick

majk;I don’t want to list all my guns here are some of them:
Benelli 9mm automatic,black powder Colt .44 six shooter replica,12 guage side by side coach shotgun.Guess I will leave it at that.
I also am a cap gun collector.probably the most expensive is a Hubly Rifleman rifle but the best made is a Coibel rifle.& worth mention Fanner50 six shooter with original holster.
cybmole
I’m a strong advocate of Second ammendment rights & you may find guns offensive but I find most that are asked answer this question Yes.
Do you think the USA should have went to war in WW2 ?
You can’t have it both ways.
If you hold Christians to the “Thou shalt not kill” standard. That applies to soldiers & law enforcement.Would you want all of these to just throw away their guns?
Many battles with killing backed by God in the Old Testament.
One last thing on the Grace Slick song verse.Check the number of Christans murdered & persecuted in the countries of the Middle East in the last 20 years.No freedom of religion there like it is in the USA.
I only have the free version of DVDFab it doesn’t have split. But if you don’t like where it is split you could probably use DVDShrink to do some adjusting .If DVDFab Gold doesn’t have a way to do this.

Please get back on topic : [B]splitting a DVD [/B] :cop: