Ok, Sparky. Lets try it together:
1. Uninstall the software.
2. Restart the PC.
3. Check your Hardrive for the dvd flick folder. If still exists, delete it.
4. Type in: regedit and enter
5. In regedit's menu in "search" type in: dvd flick.
6. With caution delete the found entries. Check them thoroghly before deleting, they have to be linked to dvd flick. You will find a lot of entries, most probably (step further hitting F3, if I rememner correctly).
7. When done restart the computer.
8. Install the new version.
Sparky, sorry m8, if the above is a lil messy, but its late here and I am on a Tablet.
Going into registry is scary and very DANGEROUS!!! So, be VERY CAREFUL!!!!!!!!
If you dont feel,comfortable doing it, then ask a friend who knows how to do it.
Good luck m8!