Need help on Lite-On LH-20A1H

i burned my data using philips dvd+r and it was a success but when i insert the philips media, the LiteOn won’t read it…

i even updated my firmware to LL0D and still got the same result…

help…:confused:

What is the code of the disk?

If you don’t know how to find the media code of the disc, look here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/580276-post3.html

here’s the media code:

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:CMC MAG-M01-000]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [DVD+R]
Manufacturer Name : [CMC Magnetics Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [CMC MAG]
Media Type ID : [M01]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4.70 GB (4.38 GiB)]
Recording Speeds : [1x-2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x , 6x-16x]

[ DVD Identifier V5.0.1 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

[QUOTE=exmadyn;2029164]i burned my data using philips dvd+r and it was a success but when i insert the philips media, the LiteOn won’t read it…

i even updated my firmware to LL0D and still got the same result…

help…:confused:[/QUOTE]

What program are you using to burn with the liteon unit? And how fast are you burning at and do you multitask when your burning as well? So where did you burn your dvd+r media in what burner? Sounds like your saying you used the liteon to burn and now can’t read it on the same burner?? Is that what your saying? If so that means one of two things bad media or burning to fast onto the media and you need to reduce the speed. And also you never mentioned what software you used to make the burn?? That would help to find a solution to what is causing the problem.

It looks to me to be bad media.

I’d slow the burn speed to 12x at the max, and personally would choose 8x and try again. I’d also get some Verbatim media to make sure my system wasn’t acting screwy, as Verbatim usually reads back after a burn. :flower:

i burned 5 dvds using nero 7 at 16x… same burner… no other programs running…

all can’t be read in liteon but when i inserted one of the 5 in the philips dvd player to test it, its fine… the movie played…

i now use nero 8 and still got the same problem…

any idea on this?..

use verbatim - works perfectly with this burner. this burner is picky, avoid media with a blackish data side

i just can’t get… :confused:

1.) why it burned successfully but returned an error when opening it – “disk is not formatted. windows cannot read from this disk…”?..

2.) why the philips dvd+r media plays on my dvd player and not on liteon?..

i used ImgBurn to do another test, and still i got a successful burn but returned an error when accessing it…

additionally, the litey can no longer read the BenQ DVD+R i previously written.

i also got the same burn-success, read-error on Samsung Pleomax DVD+R. and all Samsung Pleomax DVD+R that my friend had compiled for his video collection can’t be read.

while, all DVD-R are readable (even those that are not known)…

does this have to do with the +R media?

can crossflashing solve this problem?

:confused: