Need Help in Getting LiteOn CD RW Drive to be Recognized in DOS

vbimport

Am trying to adapt my “CD Rescue” dos backup program to work with a 2nd computer eqquiped with a LiteOn CD RW drive instead of the Plextor drive installed in my #1 computer. Both computers are using win2k operating system. The CD Rescue program is a DOS based program

The LiteOn drive is model SOHR-5238S

My LiteOn drive is recognized by my BIOS in the #2 computer , but I’ve been unable to get it recognized in DOS when using the modified CD Rescue floppy start up diskette.

I assume the problem is due to my failure to properly modify the “config.sys” and “autoexec.bat” files on my startup diskette.

The startup disk for the Plextor equipped #1 computer include the following entries for these respective files:

The autoexec entries are:
A:\MSCDEX.EXE /D:PLEX0001

The config.sys entries are:
Last drive=Z
DEVICE=A:\ASPI8XX.SYS
DEVICE=A:\SYMCD.SYS /D:PLEX001
DOS=UMB
Files=30
buffers=30

Any suggestions as to changes that I should make in these two files to enable the LiteOn drive to be recognized in DOS would be much appreciated.

CharlesV

My most recent attempted generation of a startup disk for the #2 computer included the following:

config.sys

LASTDRIVE=Z
DEVICE=A:\SBIDE.SYS
DEVICE=A:\cdrom.SYS/D:MSCD001

files=30
buffers=30

autoexec

ECHO OFF
A:\MSCDEX.EXE /D:MSCD001

On this disk, I also included the driver file “cdrom.sys” which is listed in my #2 computera as the LiteOn driver in the win2k Control Panel under Systems/hardware/device manager.

I also used the location entry as “DEVICE=A:\SBIDE.SYS” , based on a suggestion covering instances where the IDE Secondary was used as the interface ---- not sure that this was a proper entry, however.

When using this disk, the DOS sequence stalled out at config.sys ----- prior to reaching the point of recognizing the CD drive.

I hope that, with the above clarification re current startup disk content, that someone on the forum may be able to give me some further guidance to help me get my LiteOn recognized by DOS.

TIA,
CharlesV

CharlesV