Need help for Customize IU of SamSung YP-P3

Hi, all…

Here again. Another product that is not as popular as IPOD but just as good if not better…my opinion.

Anyway, can anyone assist me? I understand from the TUTORIAL in DVDFAB, it states that users can NEW or EDIT devices for DVD to Mobile.

But it seems impossible for me to do it.

I want to create a NEW customized IU in DVD to MOBILE for the YP-P3. Please see below.

In Option Attributes, there is not a way for me to add YP-P3 into the MOBILE DEVICE, if I use a default device (eg:- PS3) and retype the TIP TEXTS or SHOW TEXT… it will not be change after restarting DVDFAB.

Please let me know how to ADD or edit Mobile devices.

Another issue, is there a way to add items under TASK LIST (DVD to MOBILE) in the profile or are they standized? See another attachment.

Thank you for your help, always.

Sea Monster
If you will post a link to the video specs for the unit, or just post the specs (file type, resolution, supported video/audio codecs etc.) I will help you with this. Editing the Show/Tip text will change it for the PS3, but it may not be the optimum settings for your Samsung device. The choices in the drop down selector of the task list are controlled by the profiles listed in the Profiles folder. The NEW button is for adding new [I]devices[/I] (the things shown in the DVD to Mobile menu pane).

[QUOTE=signals;2282162]Sea Monster
If you will post a link to the video specs for the unit, or just post the specs (file type, resolution, supported video/audio codecs etc.) I will help you with this. Editing the Show/Tip text will change it for the PS3, but it may not be the optimum settings for your Samsung device. The choices in the drop down selector of the task list are controlled by the profiles listed in the Profiles folder. The NEW button is for adding new [I]devices[/I] (the things shown in the DVD to Mobile menu pane).[/QUOTE]
Thank you…You are very kind.

The Specs are :- Display Resolution WQVGA (480 X 272)
File Format Supported :- MP3, WMA, OGG, AAC, FLAC, JPEG, Bitmap, PNG, SWF, WMV, H.264, MPEG

[B]1) You mentioned :- Editing the Show/Tip text will change it for the PS3, but it may not be the optimum settings for your Samsung device. >>>> Then what is the optimum setting that I can use. Also, I tried changing PS3 or one of the defaulted devices, but it does not change after restarting DVDFAB…why?[/B]

[B]2) You mentioned :- Where is the Profile Folder? Can profiles be added into them?

1. If the New button is for adding new devices…how come I cannot add the SamSung P3 into it? Did I missed something?[/B]

The strange thing is that I using NEW & EDIT to add the Samsung device, but was in vain. They would not change. I remembered that it was able to add device in other versions of DVDFAB.

Signal, once again thank you for your help. Sorry to ask you about so trival matters within DVDFAB…it is just that, I wished the documentation were has a better explanation on customization,so we can avoid it. (Or did I missed it) Anyway, thank you again.

The profile folder can be found (in most cases) at C:\Program Files\DVDFab 6. Profiles can be added to the folder. If the profile you add is for a new Device, it must be installed in the DVDFab UI using the New button in Customize UI->DVD to Mobile. [B]The New button does not actually make a new device, it just allows you to install one that is already in the profiles folder but does not appear in the DVD to Mobile menu.[/B] I will make some test profiles that you can put in the folder and try. It is very difficult to find complete specs on this unit since it is not available yet in the US. Some sites say that Divx/Xvid is now supported, and that file conversion is required to play some video file types. Better to just make the file type it needs rather than have to convert it, but I can not find the details for this, hence the need to make several to try. I will post them later.

Here are the profiles for the P3; one makes AVIs, the other MP4s. You can select which one you want to use using the drop down profile selectors on the mobile task list or the Conversion Settings page.

Download them to the Profiles folder and change the file suffix on each from txt to xml. Open DVDFab with no disc in your drive and follow the instructions here for “Installing New Devices in DVD to Mobile” (scroll down to view). I think you will find the AVI runs faster during conversion, but the MP4 looks and sounds a little better. For faster conversion speeds, select the 480x??? screen size rather than one of the larger ones. Remember these are “unofficial”. Please post results or problems.

SamsungP3.avi.divx.mp3.txt (809 Bytes)

SamsungP3.mp4.h264.aac.txt (974 Bytes)

[QUOTE=signals;2282597]Here are the profiles for the P3; one makes AVIs, the other MP4s. You can select which one you want to use using the drop down profile selectors on the mobile task list or the Conversion Settings page.

Download them to the Profiles folder and change the file suffix on each from [B]txt[/B] to [B]xml[/B]. Open DVDFab with no disc in your drive and follow the instructions [U]here[/U] for “Installing New Devices in DVD to Mobile” (scroll down to view). I think you will find the AVI runs faster during conversion, but the MP4 looks and sounds a little better. For faster conversion speeds, select the 480x??? screen size rather than one of the larger ones. Remember these are “unofficial”. Please post results or problems.[/QUOTE]

Man!!! You’re the Greatest!!! It worked like a Charm. I have yet to try conversion, but I will post problems.

[B]P/S:- How can it be OFFICIAL to have P3 be [COLOR=red]Permanent included in DVDFAB. Can I request it from Fengtao?[/COLOR][/B]
[B][/B]
Signal…Thank you again…it is because that users get help, that is why I have been very loyal to DVDFAB.

Good Day.

[QUOTE=signals;2282597]Here are the profiles for the P3; one makes AVIs, the other MP4s. You can select which one you want to use using the drop down profile selectors on the mobile task list or the Conversion Settings page.

Download them to the Profiles folder and change the file suffix on each from txt to xml. Open DVDFab with no disc in your drive and follow the instructions here for “Installing New Devices in DVD to Mobile” (scroll down to view). I think you will find the AVI runs faster during conversion, but the MP4 looks and sounds a little better. For faster conversion speeds, select the 480x??? screen size rather than one of the larger ones. Remember these are “unofficial”. Please post results or problems.[/QUOTE]
Signals…

Signals…

Hi, I managed to copy the details of the codec support. Can this be better help to you?

Thank you again

P/S :- I tried the conversion you give me and there were “skip” on sounds. In other words, at sound point of the movie had a PAUSE. Also the Video and the audio does not seems to be “insync”.

Hope that helps.

Thank you again.

Sorry it didn’t play well. According to the specs you posted either profile should have been fine. Did you try them both? Try reducing the Volume% to 100. If you have VLC Media Player, try playing the files with that and see if they do the same thing. Also, check for firmware updates for the P3 from Samsung. That is a sleek looking player.

Ting would have to add it to DVDFab, it is up to him. We need to see what needs to be changed to make it play correctly.

[QUOTE=signals;2283390]Sorry it didn’t play well. According to the specs you posted either profile should have been fine. Did you try them both? Try reducing the Volume% to 100. If you have VLC Media Player, try playing the files with that and see if they do the same thing. Also, check for firmware updates for the P3 from Samsung. That is a sleek looking player.

Ting would have to add it to DVDFab, it is up to him. We need to see what needs to be changed to make it play correctly.[/QUOT

Don’t be sorry…You did your best. Thank you.

I will continue to try and post any problems.

Just hope that Ting will add into the default profile, as I see a huge potential on this player.

You are right…the P3 is really cool…I got sick of the “I” product and thought I try P3. No regret whatsoever.

Thank you:bigsmile:

You are welcome. Try the files with VLC ( or some other player) and see how they play.