Need help flashing the motherboard

So my comp starts up for a few secs then it doesnt happen anything.
Ive talked to some friends and they said that i might need to flash it but i have no idea who to do it.

I got a acer aspire 5920 laptop with a Mobile Intel 965PM.
So if anyone know how to do it please do tell:)

have a nice day

try running memtest86+ at startup to make sure your memory is good. You have to make a bootable floppy or cd. google for it. You can have many different problems without giving more information. Another thing to try is to use a known good power supply/adapter.

and, Welcome to the forum.

Cheers

The thing is i want to try to flash it becouse i dont even get in to bios, it loads for a breaf moment then it freezes before the bio screen so I dont know if i can do a mem test ;\

Hi,

is there some warranty? If so, then contact your vendor to have your notebook serviced or call Acer support for advice.
I suspect, there is a problem which can’t be solved by flashing the Bios (which you can’t anyway since you’re not even able to enter Bios setup).

Michael

Dont think i got any warrenty left, anyways i just noticed now that it does 2 small but faint beeps but i dont know what it means.

[QUOTE=login11;2149771]Dont think i got any warrenty left, anyways i just noticed now that it does 2 small but faint beeps but i dont know what it means.[/QUOTE]

Those beeps on functional pc or laptop indicates your problem. You should just go to the Aspire site and look up your laptop and there should be links to the firmware and instructions there.

been speaking with some people on a diffrent forum and they think i should do a cmos reset but i cant find the pins to do it ;\

[QUOTE=login11;2150265]been speaking with some people on a diffrent forum and they think i should do a cmos reset but i cant find the pins to do it ;[/QUOTE]
That’s a possible fix in a no-boot situation, especially if one has been monkeying with BIOS settings.
Done that :o

Problem with a lappy is that they’re delicate and you can really screw them up if you’ve never had one apart.
I wouldn’t do it unless I was very accomplished on desktops and had a bonafide [B]service manual[/B] for the lappy I was about to dissect.

On the beep code ([B]which is the logical troubleshoot path here[/B]), I believe you have Phoenix BIOS pre version 4.
Google for that beep code chart and see if anything makes sense. It can get complicated real fast, though.

Other than that, think about taking it to a qualified tech.