Need help flashing DVR 110D

I have been over to the speedlabs site where Zebra has posted a guide on flashing the DVR 110D drive. I downloaded everything it told me to and opened a command prompt, but whereas the guide’s command line says D:\Documents and Settings\zebra\Desktop\DVRA10_FW122>. My line starts with C:\WINDOWS\System32> and I don’t know what to put from here. Can I drag the UPGA10.exe file into the dos window? I’m a complete noob at this and need some guidance.

Hi :slight_smile:
You just need to change directory. Just type cd c:\ & press enter. That will give you c:. To get to the dvrflash.exe, just repeat cd dvrflash (if that’s what you called the folder then enter. Then dvrflash.exe enter. Then you should have a screen similar to Zebra’s. Follow the instructions from there.
I have assumed that folder is located on drive c:

Edit:
I was going to suggest to put files onto a floppy & boot into dos. But the files are too big.

If I open up cmd.exe and type c:\ it just says “c:” is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I haven’t got any floppy disks, so this is the only way I can do it.

“c:” is not suitable.

HELP is a powerful cmd in DOS!

Just type in “cd” or “C:”, then navigate into the folder you want by using "cd " …

Piccie guide. Just press enter after each stage. Again have created folder (with all files inside) named DVRFlash, on drive c: If needed just change drive letter &/or folder name.

Finally. From you just follow Zebras’ info.

“cd C:” is not needed, “cd” is quicker. :wink:

I’ve got the drive in an external enclosure connected via USB. I have flashed the drive with the firmware from the Pioneer website and it’s still burning 8x media at 1x after flashing and then rebooting my system.

The media is Panasonic 8x DVD-R
Media code is TYG02

The problem is your enclosure (chipset/firmware) then, not the drive.