Need help finding original audio track for dubbed movie

vbimport

hi,
ive got a film on dvd originally in english but dubbed in french. ive ripped the dvd and made a .avi file. i dont have the english audio track. where can i download it?

btw im new at this xD i know i can just download the original movie in english but i just wanna try this out as a learning experience.

It would help immensly if you gave us the title.

“the odyssey”. (the american televised mini-series version starring armand assante) heres the wikipedia link:

That sounds like something copyrighted.

so the only solution is extracting the audio from a downloaded english version of it but theres no point in that unless the video quality of the version i currently have is superior to anything i can find online.
is that right?

[QUOTE=gsonnet911;2592655]so the only solution is extracting the audio from a downloaded english version of it but theres no point in that unless the video quality of the version i currently have is superior to anything i can find online.
is that right?[/QUOTE]

Sounds right to me. I doubt you’ll find that someone has extracted the audio track and posted it on-line somewhere

alright thanks for the help!

@ gsonnet911 , There is an obvious solution but to suggest it would violate forum rules.
So I won’t suggest it.

YouTube has the full movie so if you grab it from YouTube you might be able to use the audio track. Probably will need some conversion & I don’t know how well you can sync it.

thansk cholla ill give it a go.

I went ahead & down loaded the YouTube myself.
This is what I used :
http://www.youtubedownloaderhd.com/
I used the MP4 video Medium Quality - if available settins. This seemed to best match the YouTube of this movie.
I was able to play this directly from my external HDD via USB to my wide screen TV.
It actually had a good quality picture. Not great but good. This suprised me as this is almost a 3 hour movie & the size of the MP4 is 672MB.
These are the stats on the Audio track if that helps:
Audio #0
Codec : AAC LC
Codec/Family : AAC
Codec/Info : AAC Low Complexity
PlayTime : 2h 52mn
Bit rate mode : VBR
Bit rate : 115 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 164 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : L R
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Resolution : 16 bits
StreamSize/String : 142 MiB
Title : © 2007 Google Inc. v08.13.2007.
Encoded date : UTC 2011-01-11 11:35:03
Tagged date : UTC 2011-01-11 11:36:07
I think you would need to convert that to an .ac3 file for muxing into a DVD compliant video. You will probably need to work with the sync some but mabe not if the legnth of both is a good match.