Need help finding old firmware update for Nec ND-3520A please

vbimport

Hi guys

I’ve got an NEC ND-3520A with the original firmware, version 1.UA. I’m finding it slow to read and takes about 10 seconds from putting a disk in before it finishes reading it so want to update the firmware to see if it helps.

The only ones I can find need you to have firmware version 1.4 to be able to update, but I can’t find it. Can anyone point m in the right direction please?

Thanks

Don’t know if this’ll help but look here .

I saw that already but the original ones are too new to update from 1.UA

http://www.micheldeboer.nl/firmware/

The original firmware was 1.04. The 1.UA you have would appear to be an early version of Dee’s firmware. The above link will give you what you want.

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome to the forum Emanef. :iagree: :clap:
You can also take a look here & here.

Thanks guys. That gives me the bin files but do you know where I can get the flasher program I need? Thanks again

maybehere

Just tried that but it says no compatible drives found. It’s definately a 3520A! :frowning:

Ah, I think I’ve done it. Not sure how…I used a DOS one (from http://tdb.rpc1.org/#ND3520A) to dump the current one and then the Binflasher for WinGUI saw the drive, and let me dump the 1.UA, and flash 1.4. Now I just need to flash with the new one. Which is best to use? The official one or one of the modified ones from Liggy’s site?

Hi :slight_smile:
The best f/w is what suits you.
Original f/w is not very flexible. But in theory should give consistant results.
Patched f/w can give flexability (such as bitsetting - rpc1 etc) Liggy & Dee’s can give this + speeding up the process.
The choice is yours.
P.S. If you post the media that you use most. Someone might be able to give a more specific answer.
P.P.S. Have you looked at this:

Use Dee’s ND3520 2.U5 firmware. The drive is very good with most decent discs. I ran an analysis here quite a while ago when the drive was new and found it to be nearly as good as the famed 3500. It still is the best +RW burner I own, beating the rest by a significant margin.