Need help finding great wireless outdoor speakers

vbimport

I have been searching for a set of wireless outdoor speakers to which I could somehow connect to my iPod, which is currently docked in a DLO HomeDock Deluxe inside my home, so that I can listen to my music in my backyard? The speakers must be wireless because I can’t be digging up any of my yard nor can I punch through any walls in my house to get the speakers to the backyard…

Not sure if its possible, but are there any wireless speakers on the market that can somehow be diasy-chained to each other (perhaps via an antenna or relay-point of some sort) to allow me to listen to my music on my front porch (which is right outside of the room with the DLO HomeDock), and at the same time listen to the same music by my pool (which is about 100-150ft. further into my backyard).

I’d be more than happy to hear any suggestions you may have, but as an extra twist, does anyone know of any such speakers that look like rocks (like those rock speakers we’ve seen in sharper image catalogs and whatnot)…

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated… Thanks!

Check out Crutchfield.com! They have a few ideas.

To get quality speakers and a setup that can transmitt wirelessly without crazy compression that leaves a good singnal to amplify would be very expensive [or non existent]. So if you find something cheap, don’t expect it to sound good. Why not just buy a nice boom box that can accept an ipod.

Here’s a boom box Link

Like my earlier post check Crutchfield for better than a boom box sound and price any day!

You keep mentioning Crutchfield…what specifically are you referring to on that site? Is there a really good set of wireless speakers or something that you’re referencing? Have you tried any of these wireless speakers out for yourself?

Its one thing to recommend that a person check out a site like outdoorspeakerdepot.com, but it’s something else completely to actually point to specific product that would specifically address the issue at hand…(ideally one that’s been testing, tried and proven)…

Care to offer any specific suggestions?

[QUOTE=m021478;2093680]You keep mentioning Crutchfield…what specifically are you referring to on that site? Is there a really good set of wireless speakers or something that you’re referencing? Have you tried any of these wireless speakers out for yourself?

Its one thing to recommend that a person check out a site like outdoorspeakerdepot.com, but it’s something else completely to actually point to specific product that would specifically address the issue at hand…(ideally one that’s been testing, tried and proven)…

Care to offer any specific suggestions?[/QUOTE]

I read your “OP” and your “Rock Speakers” are featured there at Crutchfield. Like one to ask and then complain of one who gave you a website to look at, yes I own outdoor wirless WIFI speakers and they are not rocks! Depending on your budget… the reviews will be your own of that type of speaker!