NEED HELP: DVDFab is not picking up the source DVD

vbimport

I’m trying to backup my DVDs and for some reason the program isn’t picking up the source DVD. All it ever says is “Please insert DVD disc or choose DVD folder/image file.”

I started off only using the single burning drive thinking I could image the DVD and then backup the DVD on the same drive. When it didn’t read the source DVD, I added the DVD-Rom Drive and it still says the same thing. I currently have Platinum 4.0.6.2 installed, and I tried Version 3 out and the same thing was happening, so I’m thinking it’s an OS issue, and I’m running Vista on my computer. Any suggestions?

I know this is not any help to you, but I have got the same problem - but only when I use my LG optical drive. I have a Liteon on the same computer setup. I changed the disc into the Liteon and it read the disc staight away. With and without Pathplayer enabled.
Switched back to the LG and it just went on and on trying to open the source disc. My LG does have the latest firmware installed.
Funny thing though, the LG will open and play the disc in Windows Media Player and PowerDVD 7, so it does recognize that there is something in.
But will not open with FAB.

What Optical drives have you got?

Hi StirlingMac, I run the same kind of setup as you. As you can see in my signature, my drives that I use are listed. Let me ask you a question, do you have pathplayer enabled when you are ripping the DVD on the LG drive ? My LG drive works flawlessly with pathplayer enabled. Sometimes it takes longer to scan and analize the disk, but then it proceeds with the rip. If it’s enabled, try disabling it and see what happens. ~ Mike

Hi Mike - will try that tonight when I get back home. Thanks

Hope we have’nt hi-jacked this thread.

Good Luck. ~ Mike

Hi Mike - no luck at all. But it seems to be with this one disc so far. Movie is Ratatouille, region 2, PAL.

Litey opens with no problem in Fab but no ways will Fab open the disc in the LG. Btw the LG is a 4166, had it 3 years now. It is not giving any problems - just this one movie. Goes on and on trying to load source.

[QUOTE=astone2665;2013914]Hi StirlingMac, I run the same kind of setup as you. As you can see in my signature, my drives that I use are listed. Let me ask you a question, do you have pathplayer enabled when you are ripping the DVD on the LG drive ? My LG drive works flawlessly with pathplayer enabled. Sometimes it takes longer to scan and analize the disk, but then it proceeds with the rip. If it’s enabled, try disabling it and see what happens. ~ Mike[/QUOTE]

I am having a problem with a series disc Curb Your Enthusiasm season 6 disc 1 and 2 and have tried it on 7 achines with the same results. Both with pathplayer enabled and disabled. Also I am using different dvd drives. WHat is the disc you are having problems with? I have notice that some discs take a little longer for the read dvd source to complete were others go very quickly?

[QUOTE=burgman;2015267]I am having a problem with a series disc Curb Your Enthusiasm season 6 disc 1 and 2 and have tried it on 7 achines with the same results. Both with pathplayer enabled and disabled. Also I am using different dvd drives. WHat is the disc you are having problems with? I have notice that some discs take a little longer for the read dvd source to complete were others go very quickly?[/QUOTE]

On the new release I disabled pathplayer and now it will read the discs…

Sorry it’s been a while since I’ve jumped on, any how, I have a Sony DVD RW burner, model number DW-Q30A and the ROM is a Toshiba, model number SD-M1402. At first I was using the Sony as the read and write drive, but when the problem arose, I installed the Toshiba and the same thing happens. Think I may need to update the firmware on the ROM drive?