Need help downloading M3U song's to hardrive (I'll pay for assistance)

vbimport

I need help downloading M3U songs onto my harddrive , And whoever can assist me, I will have no problem paying you for your assistance.

I have tried a couple of software’s like streamripper , but they are really confusing to me, I guess its confusing to me becuause its the first time Ive tried ripping & download m3u’s

anyways, If someone can link me a sofware I can download (free) or email me some software…and also email me in detail how to rip m3u’s from websites like (soundclick.com) using that software

I will have no problem sending you $50 via paypal

Thanks and I really look forward to any assistance asap, as I need to downlaod some songs by tonight !

Take care

email me at - buggrock@netzero.com
or just post it up

m3u files are only the listings…not the actual music files, as far as I know…

On soundclick, as far as I can see now, you should be able to download the mp3 file itself…(appears that this option is not available for all songs)

Streambox VCR lets you download audio streams and isn’t too complicated.

Another way around it is as follows (don’t know if you are supposed (allowed) to do this, but it works for me):

The streamM3U.m3u file, open in notepad.
Copy paste the link in that file in a html file you just created with HTML editor (Word may do even, but save it as HTML), use as clickable text something as “click here”.

WHen you then open the HTML file in MSIE (or any other browser), you can rightclick each of the created links and select “save as” and you should be able to download the MP3 files, that can later be burned onto CD as Audio CD.

M3U is a format used for Media Stream over the Net, With Windows 98 there was a few very easy ways to save it on to a hard drive, but I think because of Copy Right Laws, If you are running XP and Microsoft Media Player or any other media player, they have made it Impossible for most people to save M3U to there hard drive.

Anyway M3U is a Stream cast format and if it’s saved, it still needs to be Encoded to Wav or Mp3. The truth is I don’t know where the Law stands on saving M3U and if it is legal or not so I’m very sorry but that is all I can help you with.
:cool:

Da_Taxmans solution, while not going into the legality of it…does work.

By creating a simple webpage with a link to the actual file the host page is protecting, you can directly dload that file. It’s also handy for grabbing flash files off a website.

stick with notepad if you go this route…it’s easier to manipulate then msword for this kind of project.

It should also be noted that there are several backround programs that capture streaming audio from Winamp and mediaplayer, which save that stream to your hdd as mp3 automatically.

If you let us know which songs you want, the downloadable links can also be posted here…shouldn’t be too difficult…

ps this site works because people help out voluntary, so offering money is not necessary.

pps for that amount of money you should be able to buy a lot of CDs…

Originally posted by Da_Taxman
ps this site works because people help out voluntary, so offering money is not necessary.

But of couse if you HAD to give me the money I guess I would just have to reluctantly accept it…:bigsmile:

Originally posted by $CyBeRwIz$
But of couse if you HAD to give me the money I guess I would just have to reluctantly accept it…:bigsmile:

I think a better idea if he REALLY wanted to part with his cash would be to donate it to the CDFreaks fund.

As Da_Taxman stated though this is a free for all forum so there is NO obligation to give money to anyone.

I’d help out, if I only knew which songs he was after…

I only charge money for certain things…for the price list you can search the Living Room forum :wink:

Seriously though, if he gave me money I would just donate it to CD Freaks.

Here’s a guide to using Streambox VCR:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/streambox_vcr_guide.cfm

always use the correct forum

www.hydrogenaudio.org

[QUOTE=Da_Taxman;559496]m3u files are only the listings…not the actual music files, as far as I know…

On soundclick, as far as I can see now, you should be able to download the mp3 file itself…(appears that this option is not available for all songs)

Another way around it is as follows (don’t know if you are supposed (allowed) to do this, but it works for me):

Copy paste the link in that file in a html file you just created with HTML editor (Word may do even, but save it as HTML), use as clickable text something as “click here”.

WHen you then open the HTML file in MSIE (or any other browser), you can rightclick each of the created links and select “save as” and you should be able to download the MP3 files, that can later be burned onto CD as Audio CD.[/QUOTE]

help… I am tying to do the above method but when I save the link as a html document in word and then open in IE i right click and I can only save the link… what am I doing worng? here is the link to the m3u.
http://www.shockout.com/radio/jah_mex/06.01.09-not_for_no_chain/06.01.09-playlist-jah_mex-not_for_no_chain.m3u

http://www.shockout.com/radio/jah_mex/06.01.09-not_for_no_chain/06.01.09-playlist-jah_mex-not_for_no_chain.m3u

Start a new thread…This one is ~5years old…

[QUOTE=Da_Taxman;559496]m3u files are only the listings…not the actual music files, as far as I know…

WHen you then open the HTML file in MSIE (or any other browser), you can rightclick each of the created links and select “save as” and you should be able to download the MP3 files, that can later be burned onto CD as Audio CD.[/QUOTE]

That was such an awesome and interesting fix.
Thanks.