Need Help Crossflash A LiteOn iHAS 224 B Drive

vbimport

hi i just got today my new liteon ihas 224 b drive and i want to crossflash to 624 but dont know how to i was reading this here but i cant find there the 624 firmware need some help please http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-152/tutorial-how_to_crossflash_a_liteon_ihas_drive_to_unlock_features-915138/

Try here: http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html

gruggs i was looking at that webpage befor but i cant find the 624 firmware dont know what am looking for to many firmware do you know which one it is for my drive

Now that is really a good one! :doh:

The tutorial you linked to your post not only includes detailed step by step instructions, but actually includes all the necessary links for all the tools and for all the firmwares you’ll ever need!

Is it too much to ask that you actually click on the links they provided in their tutorial … you know, those which actually say “[U]HERE[/U]”??? :eek:

Having said that, step 3 of their tutorial will probably not work. If you attempt to directly use the ATAPI.iHAS624_B.GL27.stock.exe flasher, it will probably give you an error message saying that you’re trying to flash the wrong drive, or something along the lines of target not found.

What you have to do instead is to flash your drive using the Flash Utility: press the ‘Write Flash’ button, load the ATAPI.iHAS624_B.GL27.stock.exe firmware file you downloaded from C0deKing’s site and then click OK when asked, in order to crossflash your drive.

[QUOTE=mike160;2617237]gruggs i was looking at that webpage befor but i cant find the 624 firmware dont know what am looking for to many firmware do you know which one it is for my drive[/QUOTE]

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and download the firmware for “[B]LiteOn iHAS624 B[/B] (SATA, Smart-Erase, Lightscribe, LabelTag)” … there’s only one firmware in there (GL27), so its not like you’ve got much of a choice …

Since you don’t seem to be very familiar with the latest LiteOn drives, I better mention that you should never ever attempt to flash an[B] iHASx24 A[/B] to an [B]iHAS x24 B[/B] or vice-versa. Doing so will kill your drive. The “A” series uses a different chipset and different hardware than the “B” series!

thanks cvs i got my liteon ihas 224 from newegg this one here looks to be a b drive http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106333

Edit : so all i need to do instead to flash my drive use Flash Utility: press the ‘Write Flash’ button, load the ATAPI.iHAS624_B.GL27.stock.exe firmware file i downloaded from C0deKing’s site and then click OK when asked, in order to crossflash my drive nothing eles

[QUOTE=mike160;2617252]thanks cvs i got my liteon ihas 224 from newegg this one here looks to be a b drive http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106333

Edit : so all i need to do instead to flash my drive use Flash Utility: press the ‘Write Flash’ button, load the ATAPI.iHAS624_B.GL27.stock.exe firmware file i downloaded from C0deKing’s site and then click OK when asked, in order to crossflash my drive nothing eles[/QUOTE]

No, you still need to follow the other steps of the tutorial. It is very important that you backup your current EEPROM using the EEPROM Utility and the current firmware using the Firmware Utility (Read button) and keep those safe, and then after you follow the third step (as per my previous post) and successfully flash your drive with the GL27 iHAS624 B firmware, you need to use the Convert Drive feature from the EEPROM Utility in order to complete the crossflash. After that you’ve got a ‘genuine’ iHAS624 B drive :wink:

Once you’ve done all those steps just go to http://www.firmwarehq.com/index.php and download the latest official GL2A iHAS624 B firmware and update your drive to the latest GL2A firmware. From this point onwards you can always use the official LiteOn flashers for the iHAS624 B to update your drive to the latest version once LiteOn releases a newer firmware in the future.

i was also reading this somewhere else is this also a good way to do it

Crossflashing any re-badged iHASx24 B to Lite-On firmware

Utilities and Lite-On iHASx24 B firmware can be found here:
http://codeguys.rpc1.org/

Personally I would recommend iHAS624 B firmware for LightScribe drives and iHAS524 B firmware for non LightScribe drives as this gets you the largest feature set (SmartErase + LabelTag), but you can chose any iHASx24 B firmware you wish.

Process is:

1. Launch EEPROM utility and backup EEPROM.
  2. Launch Firmware utility and backup Firmware.

With the above steps, these dumps will be needed if you ever need to return the drive to stock for warranted repair etc so it’s a good idea to make 2 dumps just to be sure.

1. Launch Firmware Utility and make sure Update Boot Code is checked (optional, but recommended)
  2. Flash the drive using the Firmware utility selecting the exe file. (note: unscrabbled c0deguys firmware is required)
  3. Run the EEPROM utility and launch the Convert option. This will finalize the cross flash process.
  4. Once this has completed successfully, power cycle the drive.
  5. The drive will now be recognized as an iHASx24 B model and the process is now complete.

Once the drive is cross flashed with c0deguys firmware, you should be able to use official Lite-On firmware updates

Edit : if so how would i power cycle the drive on step 6 never done this befor

i just flash the drive now the front green light from the dvd drive keeps blinking green i did it this way here :frowning:

Process is:

With the above steps, these dumps will be needed if you ever need to return the drive to stock for warranted repair etc so it’s a good idea to make 2 dumps just to be sure.

1. Launch Firmware Utility and make sure Update Boot Code is checked (optional, but recommended)
  2. Flash the drive using the Firmware utility selecting the exe file. (note: unscrabbled c0deguys firmware is required)
  3. Run the EEPROM utility and launch the Convert option. This will finalize the cross flash process.
  5. The drive will now be recognized as an iHASx24 B model and the process is now complete.

never mind everthing is working fine now just need it to trun off and on the computer thanks for the help cvs and gruggs :slight_smile: just need now to find were to update the new firmware cant find it on liteon site :frowning:

hey is this method also same for ihas 122-04 B to crossflah to ihas 124 B or 524 B? please help me with complite tutorial… thank u…

[QUOTE=mike160;2617278]i just flash the drive now the front green light from the dvd drive keeps blinking green i did it this way here :frowning:

Process is:

5. The drive will now be recognized as an iHASx24 B model and the process is now complete.[/QUOTE]

Please, need help, when I start Write Flash on ATAPI.iHAS624_B.GL27.stock.exe I get a message “Error writing FLASH to drive”.