Your not reading the instructions correctly. You see, if you can’t understand this you might be a candidate for toasting your drive permanently.
There is no H54 firmware available.
[B]H50/H55 standalone flasher patch[/B]
The H50/H55 flasher can be patched to become a [B][U]standalone flasher[/U][/B] allowing to manually select the firmware .bin file to be flashed.
1/ [U][B]Download the flasher[/B][/U] you want to modify.
2/ Start MCSE.
3/ Load the [B][U]flasher .exe[/U][/B] file.
[B][U]4/ Ignore the “Firmware file seems to be packed” warning, as you want to patch the flasher, not the firmware.[/U][/B]
5/ Click the [I][U]enable standalone flasher[/U][/I] checkbox
6/ [B][U]Save[/U][/B] the modified flasher.
7/ To flash a .bin firmware file, start the modified flasher and select the target drive, click the browse icon to select the firmware file.
- Firmware has to be in .bin format.
- Firmware.exe packages need to be extracted. Rename the .exe file to .zip. Use winrar or winzip to unpack the .bin file.
- To flash the firmware to the drive the flasher needs to be patched, [B][U]see above[/U][/B].
- Overspeeding of 4x +R and all -R media might not work
- Supports crossflashing H50/H54 drives to H55 by patching the firmware .bin file
- Supports overspeeding of 4x/8x +R media to 12x and 16x
- Strategy swapping is lossless, so the target MID can still be used
- Riplock patch available
- RPC1 patch available
You can load the .Bin file into MCSE and change your write strategies if you want. You can check the Riplock patch and or the RPC1 patch and select the drive H54 in the bottom right, if I remember correctly. Save the .Bin file then start the new speedpatch standalone flasher, and load that new .Bin file into it.
The modified flasher is ready.
If you mess up, you might have to kiss your drive goodbye. They make good paper weights or Bookends.