Need help converting video files with Nero 8

vbimport

I recentlly installed Nero 8 Ultra Edition on my Windows XP compuer.

And I was trying to convert an AVI video file to a DVD file using Nero Vision.

But when I clicked on add video file it said “does not contain any video information.” And I clicked on OK, because it was the only choise I had.

And another box popped up saying “unable to insert.”

I know it has video information on it, because the AVI file is 700MB and I was watching it on Windows Media Player.

Any suggestions?

You have to use an authoring software like NeroVision Express or Win AVI Video Converter to create DVD-Video files from standard video files such as *.avi and *.mpg. then add files from a completed DVD-Video title…and please make sure that you have a DVD-RW drive Not DVD-R or CD-R !!!

Vikoi28: It sounds like you’re doing the right thing (NeroVision - Make DVD option & add video files).

I recently provided the following advice and you might want to try it.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f48/nero-vision-problem-auto-fit-disc-241334/

[quote=jeff53404;2024753]Vikoi28: It sounds like you’re doing the right thing (NeroVision - Make DVD option & add video files).

I recently provided the following advice and you might want to try it.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f48/nero-vision-problem-auto-fit-disc-241334/[/quote]

I was going to download the update, but should I over-write my Nero 8 Ultra Edition program?

Don’t over-write it. First use the clean tool remover to remove Nero and restart when done. Then, install Nero 8 and add your serial number to make it permanent.

I was able to complete the first couple of steps, but then I got stock where the text is in bold.

I clicked on

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nero\Installation\Families\Nero 8\Info

And I couldn’t find my serial number anywhere. It said it was displayed next to the “Serial8” entry, but it wasn’t.

Could I just skip that step? Or is it part of the Nero 8 CleanTool?

Because I already know my serial number.

[B][B][B]Step 1:[/B][/B][/B]

[B]

[ol]
[li]Launch Nero StartSmart.[/li][li]To do so, double-click the icon “Nero StartSmart” on your desktop. If you do not have a shortcut to Nero StartSmart on your desktop, open Nero StartSmart as follows: Click “Start” in the Windows start menu. Subsequently click the entries “All Programs”-"Nero 8”-“Nero ToolKit” – “Nero ControlCenter”.[/li][li]Nero Control Center will open. Click the “Licence” icon on the left side to see your serial number[/li][li]Your serial number is displayed in the window on the right.[/li][li]Please write down your serial number.[/ol][ol][/li][li]Click “Start” in the Windows start menu.[/li][li]Click the “Run” command.[/li][li]The window “Run” will open. Enter “regedit” in the “Open” text field and click the “OK” button.[/li][li]The registry window will open. You will find your serial number on the left side in the navigation tree.[/ol][ol][/li][li]Simply go into the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nero\Installation\Families\Nero 8\Info[/li][li][B]Your serial number is displayed next to the “Serial8” entry. It is structured as follows:[/B][/ol][/B][/li][ol]
[li][B][B][B]1K2x-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx or[/B][/B][/B][/li][B][B][B]2K2x-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx [/B]
[li][B]Please write down your serial number.[/B][/B][/B][/ol][B][B][B]Step 2:[/B][/B][/B][/li]
[B][B]

[ol]
[li]Download the Nero 8 CleanTool, save this file to your desktop.[/li][li]Unzip the ZIP-file with WinZip or WinRAR and save the content to your hard drive.[/li][li]Double-click on the unzipped EXE-file to start the CleanTool. The window “Nero General Clean Tool” will open. The installed Nero version will be displayed.[/li][li]Activate the checkboxes in the displayed Nero version.[/li][li]Then click the “Clean” button. A status window will open. The execution of the tool may take several minutes.[/li][li]Please wait until the progress bar has moved completely to the right.[/li][li]In the window “Nero General Clean Tool” click the “Exit” button as soon as the erasing procedure is completed.[/li][*]Reboot your computer. The Nero 8 CleanTool has removed all Nero entries from your computer.[/ol][/B][/B]

Skip that part - there is an easier way to enter the serial number after you install the new version.

So which one would you suggest I download?

or

You need both.

You need to download the Nero 8 CleanTool (it’s the first one on the page). Use it to completely remove Nero. When it is done, restart.

Download the update (Nero 8) and install.

If you didn’t tell Nero to save your settings, you will need to enter your serial number. Follow the screen shots. You want to select Nero Control Center. For the last screen, click on license, click on add and enter your serial number.

Okay, so I downloaded the Nero 8 CleanTool, and I saved it to my computer.

But in step 2 in syas I need to "Unzip the ZIP-file with WinZip or WinRAR and save the content to my hard drive.

What programs would I need to do this?

right-click on the file you downloaded and select extract to General Clean Tool. That will give you a folder and you should double-click on the contents of that folder. Follow the prompts to remove Nero from your system.

I extraced the foldier and another foldier was created.

So I double-clicked on the new foldier and I followed the prompts to remove Nero from my system.

But I’m not sure if it worked or not, the icons on my desktop were erased though.

How would I know if it worked or not?

If the icons were erased and you didn’t get any error messages, it worked. Nero may have saved your settings and your serial number in anticipation of you upgrading/updating. If it didn’t, follow the screen shots to enter your serial number. You should be set to install Nero 8.3.2.1

Remember to retstart before installing the update.

It worked!

I downloaded the update, and now when I use NeroVision it will allow me to “add video file”.

So back to my original question.

How would I convert an AVI video file to a DVD using NeroVision?

Because I already added my video file (AVI) to my project. Will it automatically convert my file from AVI to DVD? Or is there a setting somewhere I have to change?

Oh yeah, one last question.

What kind of disc should I use to burn the DVD to so I can put it in my DVD player and watch it on my TV?

The only kind of disc I have as of right now are Memorex DVD+R. COuld that kind of disc work for what I’m trying to do?

Excellent.

After you “add video file”, keep clicking through the options and make any changes you want. Until you become familiar with the options (many of which allow you to personalize the appearance of your project), stick with their default settings. However, note the following.

The first screenshot offers options for single disk (DVD) or DL (DVD9).

The second screenshot highlights speed adjustment and setting for burner for DVD-ROM. This will increase your chances of having it play on a stand-alone player.

Most forum members recommend Verbatim or TY (usually available on the internet). Use the Memorex to play with but upgrade to better media.

You can save your project when you are finished. That will allow you to burn it later without having to go through all the steps.

[QUOTE=vikboi28;2024732]I recentlly installed Nero 8 Ultra Edition on my Windows XP compuer.

And I was trying to convert an AVI video file to a DVD file using Nero Vision.

But when I clicked on add video file it said “does not contain any video information.” And I clicked on OK, because it was the only choise I had.

And another box popped up saying “unable to insert.”

[B]I know it has video information on it, because the AVI file is 700MB and I was watching it on Windows Media Player.[/B]

Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

WHY don’t you use the original disc and just copy it?? :confused:

Okay I’m on the last screenshot now.

Under the “settings for recording” the arrow pointing to the box that says DVD-ROM, I don’t have a box where the arrow is poiting to.

Does that even matter? Or do I need that box to convert my AVI video file to a DVD?

Because the only box I have is the one that changes the speed.

ANy suggestions?