Need help changing the bitsetting w/ DVD Shrink/Nero (with LG burner) - is it possibl

Hi, I’m a newbie and I apologize in advance if I’m asking a question that’s already been answered.

I bought a bunch of DVD+R’s (cheap), but they don’t play on my DVD player (Toshiba, 5 yrs old). I’ve done lots of research and it seems I should be able to change the booktype in DVD Shrink, however, this option is not available. Is it even possible with my burner (LG)? Or, can I use DVD decrypter to change the booktype?

Thanks very much

CN

you should provide the model of your LG burner. i’m not sure if bitsetting is possible with lg, but fortunately someone else will know

GSA4120B (w/FW A104, A111 and A112) and the new GSA4163 can change booktype. Please search the LG sub-forum under the Recording Hardware Forum for more info.

Thanks, FactFinder. I have a LG Super Multi DVD Drive, GSA-4120B. I look in the LG forum and see what I can find.

I was thinking that you should set the booktype before you burn the DVD+R disc. For your already burned discs, those are probably still set to DVD+R. Going forward, change the booktype to DVD-ROM first before burning (assuming your drive has the capability to change the booktype).