Need Help! Cant Burn 16x!

vbimport

Ok so I bought a Samsung TS-H552B 16x DVD-r+rw from Microcenter today. Installation was a breeze. Now when I try to burn a dvd with Nero Updated it wont let me burn at 16x! I have 16x OfficeMax DVD’s and a 16x DVD burner… Whats going on here???

CPU Specs:
1.) Asus a7n8x-e Deluxe
2.) AMD Athlon XP 2800+
3.) 600 Watt Psu
4.) 1 GB Corsair XMS RAM (PC3200)
5.) e-Vga 6600gt
6.) Samsung TS-H552B 16x DVD-r+rw

Check for an updated firmware for your burner. It’s possible that your media isn’t recognized and that’s why you can’t select 16X.

Its probably the media- You should try verbatin which I think are on sale for $15 for 50 at office max and Im sure you will get better result -also with a firmware update. Good luck.

Its probably the media- You should try verbatim which I think are on sale for $15 for 50 at officemax and Im sure you will get better result -also with a firmware update. Good luck. Sorry hit wrong button to edit spelling and it duplicated itself?

Actually office max 16x dvd’s may be mcc (same as verbatim) or they could be cmc. Use dvd identifier to find out what they are. I would agree, try updating your firmware.

do i upgrade the firmware by going to the site and dling it??

• thanks for the replys

Most likely yes. You may want to check the Samsung DVD sub-forum here, as there is probably a lot more information there.