Need help buying more RAM

I’ve recently decided I’m going to need more RAM to support gaming on my other computer.

I currently have an Apacer 512 MB RAM but I’d like to get to at least 1 GB RAM.

I’ve searched what I need to know, but I’m still unsure what is what within my tower and whether my computer can handle the upgrade.

What are the things I should know? Where can I find the other parts to tell me what I need within my tower?

You need to know the name and model of motherboard you have,
It is usually written on the MOBO itself, if you take the side panel off you should be able to see it.

Using that you can check and see what type and how much ram your computer can handle.

[QUOTE=Anonymous Rhinoceros;2291370]I’ve recently decided I’m going to need more RAM to support gaming on my other computer.

I currently have an Apacer 512 MB RAM but I’d like to get to at least 1 GB RAM.

I’ve searched what I need to know, but I’m still unsure what is what within my tower and whether my computer can handle the upgrade.

What are the things I should know? Where can I find the other parts to tell me what I need within my tower?[/QUOTE]

You should check with the manufacture and also read throught your manual and instructions that came with the computer that is where they will tell the computer specs and hardware.

You could use the Crucial Memory Advisor or Crucial System Scanner Tool available at their site.