Need help burning ricohjpn-d01-67

vbimport

Hi there!!

I recently bought myself the LG-WH14NS40 (FM 1.02) and I’m having trouble burning my windata dvd+r DL media (mid: RICOHJPN-D01-67) with it. It burn both layers without problems but I always get an error during closing (error unable to close).

is there something I can do to burn it without errors? or should I just cut my losses and invest on another more expensive DL media?

thanks!!

I also tested verbatim CD-R’s and cheap tdk DL blu-ray media imported from Japan via Ebay. Both media burned flawlessly with excellent verification.

I guess that the media is not a real Ricoh disc, but is a fake with the Ricoh MID. In that case, you can’t do anything other than try a different drive or write speed.

If you want to verify whether it is real or fake, please try to tell us what the stamper codes and hub codes (codes in the center of the DVD+R DL) are.

i have burned that disc with a laptop using imgburn but had to set the burn speed to 6x to get a successful burn. with higher speed i got error without completing the burn.
ps the name used is databyte with that mid code retrieve by imgburn.

[QUOTE=Albert;2723199]I guess that the media is not a real Ricoh disc, but is a fake with the Ricoh MID. In that case, you can’t do anything other than try a different drive or write speed.

If you want to verify whether it is real or fake, please try to tell us what the stamper codes and hub codes (codes in the center of the DVD+R DL) are.[/QUOTE]

there’s a stamper code but I can’t make it out even with a magnifier since it’s translucent.

these DL medias I’m using are branded Windata, golden in color. These are sold dirt cheap in MicroCenter and unfortunately both my current LG and my former Pioneer Blu-ray burners produce error during closing.

Are you writing the full amount of the disc? At what speed? Can you post a log of the burning process from one of the discs?

[QUOTE=swifty7;2723261]there’s a stamper code but I can’t make it out even with a magnifier since it’s translucent.

these DL medias I’m using are branded Windata, golden in color. These are sold dirt cheap in MicroCenter and unfortunately both my current LG and my former Pioneer Blu-ray burners produce error during closing.[/QUOTE]

Cut the BS and as you say its dirt cheap at Microcenter. Why not buy Verbatim or Falcon media and you won’t have problems . Your wasting your time and money using cheap media.

^ I basically agree.